Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RUMOR: Cam Akers to resign pending passing a physical
(07-02-2024, 04:39 PM)purplefaithful Wrote: Agreed...He was about clicks b4 it was fashionable.

I actually have ignored anything he writes for years. He just slings shit at the wall and writes whatever sticks.

https://twitter.com/DustBaker/status/181...wcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fvikingsterritory.com%2F2024%2Fnews%2Ftop_news%2Fvikings-new-running-back-might-be-official

It's hard for me to get excited about a guy who averaged 3.6 YPC last season before he suffered a second Achilles injury.

About the best thing you can say about Akers is he ran hard for a couple games. This backfield should split the rushing load between Aaron Jones and Ty Chandler who have a lot more speed and juice than Akers and McBride.

(07-09-2024, 01:34 PM)MAD GAINZ Wrote: It's hard for me to get excited about a guy who averaged 3.6 YPC last season before he suffered a second Achilles injury. 

About the best thing you can say about Akers is he ran hard for a couple games. This backfield should split the rushing load between Aaron Jones and Ty Chandler who have a lot more speed and juice than Akers and McBride.

Agree, but that YPC is only slightly worse than Mattison's, and probably more of an indictment on our overall run game philosophy than Akers' skillset. If he's healthy, we could use the depth. 

I was a fan of McBride as a late round draft pick in '23. And the fact that he's still on the team and the Vikings didn't draft or sign any UDFA running backs suggests they might be higher on his upside than his total lack of playing time last year might suggest.

In my opinion, Ty Chandler was the best RB we had and I didn’t consider it close. Now we have a proven stud, but I still expect Chandler to push for touches. I don’t get the Akers appeal, but maybe they see him as a solid number 3/good pass blocker.

(07-11-2024, 10:09 PM)Havoc Wrote: In my opinion, Ty Chandler was the best RB we had and I didn’t consider it close. Now we have a proven stud, but I still expect Chandler to push for touches. I don’t get the Akers appeal, but maybe they see him as a solid number 3/good pass blocker.

The Akers appeal is that he's a KOC guy.