Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SI.com: Vikings swung for the fences
(04-26-2024, 06:09 PM)RS_Express Wrote: Maybe I'm just being the typically paranoid "they're all out to get us" Vikings fan, but making the mistake to read some twitter this afternoon, a lot of the people griping how badly the Vikings "overpaid" for Turner seemed downright angry that the Vikings got Turner at all.

The problem with most fans is they read the opinion of people who know no more about football than the average fan and give it weight when it deserves none. So they’re mad, but they don’t have any idea why. 

Today I read a number of comments from outfits like PFF who criticize the JJM pick. It’s stupid. Every bit of his play said top 10 pick - potential franchise QB’s are almost always that. They say stuff about lack of production in college etc - when that has nothing at all to do with being a good QB IN THE NFL. JJM was never going to get past 13. NEVER. In fact, as I said numerous times over the past few months, none of these guys were getting past mid-1st round. They are simply too good. 

The draft “experts” make a great psychological/sociological test pool for the impact of group think on rational thought. They aren’t worth your time. 

When it comes to Dallas Turner. In any normal draft he’s a top 5 pick. I’m still pinching y myself that Kwesi pulled it off. I can say with absolute certitude that the Vikings front office were beside themselves when they knew they could land him. I’m sure they never dreamed of having a shot. It’s been a unique draft and the Vikings are killing it.
[-] The following 4 users Like Havoc's post:

There is a video out there in YT land when Kwesi is telling KOC they are getting Turner - the look on the coaches faces is priceless...