Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SI.com: Vikings swung for the fences
https://www.si.com/nfl/vikings/news/trad...aft-fences

A bold night for the Vikings. Not sure how it could have gone any better.

https://twitter.com/RGIII/status/1783670...gr%5Etweet

Who’d a thought we had a chance at Turner. Picks be damned. KAM got 2 great prospects last night.
[-] The following 1 user Likes AGRforever's post:

(04-26-2024, 06:24 AM)AGRforever Wrote: Who’d a thought we had a chance at Turner. Picks be damned. KAM got 2 great prospects last night.

My buddy is a huge Alabama fan and alum. Said Turner wants to hurt the QB every play. A rabid dog for Flores.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

Turner was the consensus top defensive player in the draft. I'm still in shock we somehow landed him. I sorta have a hunch the Vikings wanted Bryron Murphy as well, and when he went to Seattle at 16, it prompted the Vikings to move up to 17 for Turner. 

Same with McCarthy. I think they were poised to just hang at 11, but when Atlanta shocked the world by taking Penix, that scared them into making the move up to 10.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaroonBells's post:

(04-26-2024, 06:24 AM)AGRforever Wrote: Who’d a thought we had a chance at Turner. Picks be damned. KAM got 2 great prospects last night.

Both are about 21 years old as well. 

QB and Edge; can't live w/out em 

Ballsy stuff...
(04-26-2024, 06:46 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: Turner was the consensus top defensive player in the draft. I'm still in shock we somehow landed him. I sorta have a hunch the Vikings wanted Bryron Murphy as well, and when he went to Seattle at 16, it prompted the Vikings to move up to 17 for Turner. 

Same with McCarthy. I think they were poised to just hang at 11, but when Atlanta shocked the world by taking Penix, that scared them into making the move up to 10.

Charts wise, I read we gave up the equivalent of 2 mid-round first for Turner. I am still choking on that a bit. 

I think the 180 degree flip by Kwesi (vs previous years and regimes) still has me in a bit of shock. 

If we ended-up with our version of Micah? I dont think I'll care much.

(04-26-2024, 07:54 AM)purplefaithful Wrote: Both are about 21 years old as well. 

QB and Edge; can't live w/out em 

Ballsy stuff...

Charts wise, I read we gave up the equivalent of 2 mid-round first for Turner. I am still choking on that a bit. 

I think the 180 degree flip by Kwesi (vs previous years and regimes) still has me in a bit of shock. 

If we ended-up with our version of Micah? I dont think I'll care much.

Vikings gave up a current 5th, a '25 3rd and a '25 4th. Not sure how that's equivalent to two mid round 1sts.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaroonBells's post:

(04-26-2024, 08:18 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: Vikings gave up a current 5th, a '25 3rd and a '25 4th. Not sure how that's equivalent to two mid round 1sts.

I think PF is factoring what you laid out, plus the cost it took us to move to 23 with the Texans.

I'm excited about the pick and in a way he was "value" at 17, but when you look at what we gave up in totality to move from the 2nd round to #17, he wasn't cheap by any means.

Pumped to watch him play on Sundays. Good job, Kwesi.

(04-26-2024, 08:18 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: Vikings gave up a current 5th, a '25 3rd and a '25 4th. Not sure how that's equivalent to two mid round 1sts.

Yeah, I think they factored in the 2024 2nd and 2025 2nd into that valuation...  but like you I'm having a hard time coming up with that being two mid-firsts.  Especially when future picks are typically valued a round lower than current draft picks.  It probably shakes out to being a top 8-10 first round pick in value, but that's where he should have gone if there wasn't such a massive rush on QBs, WRs, and OTs.

I'm good with that if he pans out as a top 10 NFL pass rusher.  They are worth their weight in gold when you find one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MAD GAINZ's post:

Maybe I'm just being the typically paranoid "they're all out to get us" Vikings fan, but making the mistake to read some twitter this afternoon, a lot of the people griping how badly the Vikings "overpaid" for Turner seemed downright angry that the Vikings got Turner at all.

Thanks to ATL and Sean Payton...

Turner probably doesnt drop to 17 if they dont draft Nix and Penix.
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post: