Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
One take on a Pats/Vikes Trade
One thing is becoming clearer to me, what Washington does will really impact things - a lot.

Silly me for not realizing that till so late.

Wow, the Pats sure are making it PUBLICLY clear they're very open to trading down. And I hate to be one of those cynical Eeyore fans, but this basically tells frustrated Viking fans that your QB is there for the taking....if'n your GM ponies up the haul we want. No pressure Kwesi.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaroonBells's post:

(04-18-2024, 03:46 PM)MaroonBells Wrote: Wow, the Pats sure are making it PUBLICLY clear they're very open to trading down. And I hate to be one of those cynical Eeyore fans, but this basically tells frustrated Viking fans that your QB is there for the taking....if'n your GM ponies up the haul we want. No pressure Kwesi.

Or maybe the Vikies are ultimately going for #4 or #5 level of compensation. Maybe they be fine with JJM, Maye or Daniels? 

Whomever drops to them?

I think it all really depends on how much they really like Daniels after their dinner in Baton Rogue together this evening... Big Grin

(04-18-2024, 03:46 PM)MaroonBells Wrote: Wow, the Pats sure are making it PUBLICLY clear they're very open to trading down. And I hate to be one of those cynical Eeyore fans, but this basically tells frustrated Viking fans that your QB is there for the taking....if'n your GM ponies up the haul we want. No pressure Kwesi.

My thoughts as well. Easy for them to say publicly though while making the price to move up prohibitively high.

Does seem odd he'd be saying that though if the rumored "handshake deal" was truly in place between us and them (or them and anyone). To me this signals nothing is set yet. At least with the Pats.

The thing I'm going to find fascinating is which QB will drop and what it would take for some teams to trade out.

If you believe everything you read, you have Caleb Williams at #1 and then could see 2 of Daniels, Maye, or McCarthy go at #2 and #3.

But then you've elite WR prospects in MHJ and Naibors that I don't think teams would trade out of taking them at 4, 5, or 6 unless it was a bounty. You also have 2-3 elite LT prospects and Brock Bowers at TE who I'm reading a bunch of FO folks and scouts have as a top 6-7 player in the draft regardless of position.

We could see that 4th QB drop into that 8-10 range just because there are some elite prospects at other positions and teams that are looking for elite pieces to put around their QB.

Like let's say it goes...

1 - Caleb Williams
2 - Daniels or Maye
3 - Maye or Daniels
4 - Marvin Harrison Jr
5 - Alt
6 - Naibors (Giants are bluffing about a QB and want one of the elite WRs to drop to them)
7 - Bowers to Tennessee to give Levis another weapon to go with Hopkins and Ridley

Now it gets interesting... Falcons could go OL or defense with Kirk in tow or they could easily trade out for a team that wants whoever dropped out of Maye, McCarthy, or Daniels.

Thursday is gonna be fun (unless we don't get a QB)!
[-] The following 2 users Like MAD GAINZ's post:

(04-18-2024, 06:15 PM)MAD GAINZ Wrote: The thing I'm going to find fascinating is which QB will drop and what it would take for some teams to trade out.

If you believe everything you read, you have Caleb Williams at #1 and then could see 2 of Daniels, Maye, or McCarthy go at #2 and #3.

But then you've elite WR prospects in MHJ and Naibors that I don't think teams would trade out of taking them at 4, 5, or 6 unless it was a bounty.  You also have 2-3 elite LT prospects and Brock Bowers at TE who I'm reading a bunch of FO folks and scouts have as a top 6-7 player in the draft regardless of position. 

We could see that 4th QB drop into that 8-10 range just because there are some elite prospects at other positions and teams that are looking for elite pieces to put around their QB.

Like let's say it goes...

1 - Caleb Williams
2 - Daniels or Maye
3 - Maye or Daniels
4 - Marvin Harrison Jr
5 - Alt
6 - Naibors (Giants are bluffing about a QB and want one of the elite WRs to drop to them)
7 - Bowers to Tennessee to give Levis another weapon to go with Hopkins and Ridley

Now it gets interesting...  Falcons could go OL or defense with Kirk in tow or they could easily trade out for a team that wants whoever dropped out of Maye, McCarthy, or Daniels.

Thursday is gonna be fun (unless we don't get a QB)!

No, this will not be a pleasant place if the Vikings dont pull the trigger or get out-maneuvered. 

If teams stay put, then your scenario very plausibly plays out. Personally, I think the fireworks via trading starts early and disrupts. 

I just think a QB needy team (Raiders, Bronco's, Vikings) or someone like Seattle is going to want to move-up for one b4 10. I also think the Gmen want out of Danny Dimes and are not looking to put a weapon around him. I hope I'm very wrong and you're very right.