Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: True Detective, Night Country
Welp.....I won't give anything away for those that haven't seen the finale but.....mediocre. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Welp.....I won't give anything away for those that haven't seen the finale but.....mediocre. 
Just mediocre for you guys?

We enjoyed it quite a bit...

Good premise, but the execution wasn't there for me. Highly disappointing.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@StickyBun said:

JMO, PF....don't want to shit on it if you enjoyed it. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@purplefaithful said:
@StickyBun said:

Not at all...Thats what makes the world go round, except in politics  :p

On our radar....

[Image: MV5BMzhkNzVkNDYtNmE2Zi00ZTk1LTk2OWYtOTU5...@._V1_.jpg]

Quote: @minny65 said:
@pattersaur said:
@minny65 said:
Wife and I are now watching full series again.

Watched "Homeland" the last few weeks and now started "The Killing" two of our favorites that we watched a decade ago.  
Not trying to crap on you or the show because I was super into it as it was going and it was really good, but man the Season 1 finale of The Killing gotta be one of the biggest letdowns in the modern history of TV. I never ended up tuning into season 2 after that. Maybe I should (?) but I’m not sure the burn has healed, even after so long ha. 
Can't remember watched so long ago.

Only on season 1 episode 3 now.  The acting of the grieving parents is off the charts heart-wrenching.  My wife couldn't watch that episode because we lost an 18 yr. old niece to a boat accident drowning 4 years ago and she can't watch anything with drowning in it now.  Watching the grieving parent is very similar to watching my sister-in-law and her husband now.  You never get over the death of a child.  They are both a train-wreck four years later.  

I have a feeling I might be watching this one by myself Sad
Well, we did enjoy all of season 1 of "The Killing" including the last show but wow it goes into the crapper in season 2.  You are not missing anything.  

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@StickyBun said:
@purplefaithful said:
@StickyBun said:

Not at all...Thats what makes the world go round, except in politics  :p
This is how I felt about the finale mostly, although I don't feel it 'ruined' the whole season.....I think the whole season was meh to begin with. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/true-detectiv...58930.html

This sums it up:

"Revealing that there was no otherworldly element to the scientists’ deaths runs diametrically opposed to the show’s own interests. If the supernatural elements were just going to be dropped in the season’s last 15 minutes, why lean so heavily into them throughout the previous five-and-a-half episodes? Night Country was chock-full of things that cannot be explained. It’s a shame, then, that instead of buying into its own universe, the show chose to wrap up on a huge shrug."

Did they ever explain the tongue? I never caught that if they did...

Also, Navarro at the end scene on the deck in spring/summer/day; Was that supposed to be her spirit or something different all together? Maybe it didnt abandon all of the supernatural. 

Did anyone know --- Foster was offered the role of Princess Leia in Star Wars in the 70's? Had to turn it down as she had other contractual obligations. 

That season finale was shameful . . especially the "time is a flat circle" statement (PUKE EMOJI)

Big time wasted opportunity with some real great pieces to work with:

Great actors
Alaska 
the schedule of darkness
climate/environmental concerns
pressure from industry
indigenous social commentary

Totally dropped the ball on this one.