Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jimmy G sucks
Jimmy's been benched.  For those who wanted us to sign him earlier this week...you weren't paying attention.

Quote: @"Montana Tom" said:
Jimmy's been benched.  For those who wanted us to sign him earlier this week...you weren't paying attention.
Fans are fans. They aren't GMs. Some think they are, but they aren't. And there's a bunch of hindsight being 20/20 that gets forgotten about with some fans and how they assess players. 

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"pattersaur" said:
Yes, he does. 17 needs outta there but idk what team will trade for him. KC would be an obvious landing spot but I doubt LV would pick up the phone call. Glancing at the standings, most other contenders are pretty set at WR so I doubt a deal gets done. Bummer for Davante but he's the one who wanted to go the Vegas so bad. Whoops.
I think LV is a great place for Adams.  He seems like a typical packer bitch.  Thought he was the best WR in the NFL when he had a great QB.  Now he is just another guy.
Funny how those things go together. 
Yeah, we always knew this guy was throwing the ball to himself!

[Image: STP-L-VIKINGS-1217.jpg?w=670]
Well I think JJ is at a different level and can elevate the QB.  But we shall soon find out.

I didn't think Adams was anything special, he was below Diggs/Thielen IMO, a quick guy that had a great QB feeding him the ball.
No doubt JJ makes Kirk better, but I don't think too many quite appreciate the degree to which Kirk makes JJ better. 

I mean, think about it. JJ goes down and the Vikings don't miss a beat and actually win all three games without him, playing some their best offense of the season. There should be no doubt that Kirk is the straw that stirs the drink in Minnesota. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"pattersaur" said:
Yes, he does. 17 needs outta there but idk what team will trade for him. KC would be an obvious landing spot but I doubt LV would pick up the phone call. Glancing at the standings, most other contenders are pretty set at WR so I doubt a deal gets done. Bummer for Davante but he's the one who wanted to go the Vegas so bad. Whoops.
I think LV is a great place for Adams.  He seems like a typical packer bitch.  Thought he was the best WR in the NFL when he had a great QB.  Now he is just another guy.

Well I think JJ is at a different level and can elevate the QB.  But we shall soon find out.

I didn't think Adams was anything special, he was below Diggs/Thielen IMO, a quick guy that had a great QB feeding him the ball.

I mean, think about it. JJ goes down and the Vikings don't miss a beat and actually win all three games without him, playing some their best offense of the season. There should be no doubt that Kirk is the straw that stirs the drink in Minnesota. 
Yep. And no run game. Its been crickets from the Kirk doubters about this. It can't be argued. 

Sadly, we might find this out very acutely this Sunday. Fingers crossed we don't.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"pattersaur" said:

Yep. And no run game. Its been crickets from the Kirk doubters about this. It can't be argued. 

Sadly, we might find this out very acutely this Sunday. Fingers crossed we don't.
I think Hall could be pretty good within the confines of the playbook they give him. Same with Dobbs should he be brought in. 

That's what is so misleading about all these young or backup QBs who come in and do well early (Mac Jones, Purdy, Mayfield, RGIII). They look great until they take the training wheels off and defenses actually have some film.

But I don't see why the Vikings can't also benefit from this, at least temporarily. 

@"StickyBun" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"pattersaur" said:

I think Hall could be pretty good within the confines of the playbook they give him. Same with Dobbs should he be brought in. 

That's what is so misleading about all these young or backup QBs who come in and do well early (Mac Jones, Purdy, Mayfield, RGIII). They look great until they take the training wheels off and defenses actually have some film.

But I don't see why the Vikings can't also benefit from this, at least temporarily. 
Yep, one week at a time. Would be awesome to sneak out with a W. 

@"greediron" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"pattersaur" said:

No doubt JJ makes Kirk better, but I don't think too many quite appreciate the degree to which Kirk makes JJ better. 

Well, the Bears game doesn't really fit in that "don't miss a beat" world.  But yes, Addison is running the JJ routes now and doing well.  My point wasn't to say Kirk had no part in making JJ the best WR, just that JJ has a much more professional approach to the game IMO.  

Quote: @"Montana Tom" said:
Really, someone wanted Jimmy G?

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"pattersaur" said:

Well, the Bears game doesn't really fit in that "don't miss a beat" world.  But yes, Addison is running the JJ routes now and doing well.  My point wasn't to say Kirk had no part in making JJ the best WR, just that JJ has a much more professional approach to the game IMO.  
Oh yeah, I heard the "let's get paid" comment and saw the 140 MPH on I94, but like I said at the time, that really might have been the best thing to happen to him. No one died, no one got hurt, he got lucky. And he probably got an earful from coaches and teammates. 

Would he be where he is without that wake up call? Maybe. The talent is there either way. But maybe not.