Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Still interested in seeing how the season progresses....
Unless the defense is truly elite and making constant impact plays/turnovers (very rare), then offense will always be what sells tickets and brings the excitement. Without JJ this offense just does not have the juice needed to fire up a fanbase and frankly even with him this year, the results were only so-so. That's been surprising and disappointing, especially with the OL's improvements. I'm not sure if it's father time or what, but Kirk hasn't been quite as good as he was last year, albeit still solid.
We saw some early home runs from Addison but not much since and the rest of the playmakers on offense look like JAGs right now. The Niners D is going to give us lots of trouble and even though Kirk has been much better in primetime recently, there's always that fear that he'll lay an egg when the lights are brightest. I'm trying not to get too high or low this year because I do not see the path to greatness this season. To me, that path likely begins at next year's draft when the Vikings better finally pull the trigger on a QB. Even with lumps as a rookie, it will at least signal to many of us a new direction and a fresh start. I think that's what this team and fanbase needs more than anything. JMO.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Having Rogers still playing with the Jets would have made the season more interesting for me...Not that I would be rooting for him, but we would have seen some potentially epic games (i.e. Chiefs/Jets etc.)
Speaking of which, Davante Adams is all over the media complaining about his role in Vegas. Just made me think of how successful the Rodgers and Adams duo was two years ago and how they both turned to shit without the other...over money. Cautionary tale for Viking fans I suppose.