Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pretty spot-on imo...
Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"1VikesFan" said:
Barr had one of his best games in awhile.  Hopefully he's just starting to feel healthy again.  Hey, I don't care even if it's contract motivated as long as he's producing.
just as long as his contract is based on his entire career to date and not just the year that he has to show something in order to get paid.  I just am nervous about his love for the game.   you can see it in Kendricks,  but I dont see that in Barr.
well if doing the unselfish things, the quiet things, earns him a contract, good for him.  We all know some that did the right thing and didn't get rewarded for it, so kudos to him if he does.  Playing team defense isn't going to earn him a huge payday like Von Miller.  Too few notice being in the right place so the QB looks elsewhere.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
ITs soooo early still and the season does hang on the fate of old sleeves bruised legs.

The one that does concern me is Easton...

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2017/0...reactions/
After rewatching the Steelers game - Easton was really really bad.  The rest of the OL has been playing better even Remmers.  Remmers was beat on a safety blitz and then also on a play where Keenum literally dropped back 3 or 4 more yards from shotgun (did not step up) and the DE just had to run straight upfield.  The Left side has been pretty solid.  If Easton can step-up or Sirles/Isadora we are looking at a decent OL fix.  

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"1VikesFan" said:
Barr had one of his best games in awhile.  Hopefully he's just starting to feel healthy again.  Hey, I don't care even if it's contract motivated as long as he's producing.
just as long as his contract is based on his entire career to date and not just the year that he has to show something in order to get paid.  I just am nervous about his love for the game.   you can see it in Kendricks,  but I dont see that in Barr.
well if doing the unselfish things, the quiet things, earns him a contract, good for him.  We all know some that did the right thing and didn't get rewarded for it, so kudos to him if he does.  Playing team defense isn't going to earn him a huge payday like Von Miller.  Too few notice being in the right place so the QB looks elsewhere.
he hasnt always done the "right" thing or Zimmer wouldnt have been calling him out last year.  I agree that it is nice to see guys play system football even if it means sacrificing personal glory and potential monetary gain.

@"Canthony" said:
Barr looked real good. I think he was hurt more than people thought last year
or Zimmer calling him out motivated him,  or being at the end of his contract has him motivated?
I am going with a combination of those as well as his health. I am a huge fan of Barr. It doesn't have to be all about the splash play though. Doing those behind the scenes things is just as important. Seeing him grow is encouraging.

@"greediron" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"1VikesFan" said:
he hasnt always done the "right" thing or Zimmer wouldnt have been calling him out last year.  I agree that it is nice to see guys play system football even if it means sacrificing personal glory and potential monetary gain.
I was referring to this year, not last year.  Our defense has been solid, and that is built on the team concept.  Last year, he wasn't very flashy or solid.

Easton is terrible. He is on the ground a lot, not by PLANTING his man, but flat out missing his man is space. I like our team if we could just get one of our #1 QBs healthy. We have legit WRs/RBs, and a very good D. Our OL can become at least avg, let isidora or sirles play at LG if nothing else, but they can't be much worse than Easton.

Quote: @"Neptizzle" said:
Easton is terrible. He is on the ground a lot, not by PLANTING his man, but flat out missing his man is space. I like our team if we could just get one of our #1 QBs healthy. We have legit WRs/RBs, and a very good D. Our OL can become at least avg, let isidora or sirles play at LG if nothing else, but they can't be much worse than Easton.
Last week Cook ran for 127, Bradford was sacked once, and we looked really solid across the O-line. Cut the kid some slack. We played an elite defensive team, and lost. We didn't lose this game because of Easton. We lost because of a shitty game plan, an unprepared QB, and over a hundred yards in penalties. 

Easton can't handle Strong DT's.   And with Gerald McCoy this week expect more of the same.