Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pretty spot-on imo...
ITs soooo early still and the season does hang on the fate of old sleeves bruised legs.

The one that does concern me is Easton...

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2017/0...reactions/

Easton looks like he may struggle some.  Hopefully he grows into the position.

Funny how people complain about Barr being invisible, yet we held two high powered offenses to pretty measly production (outside of Bree's garbage time stats).  Bell and Brown were very limited.  So someone is doing something right.  It may not be splash plays, but Zimmer's D (and really most good defenses) is about everyone doing their job.  If Barr is playing sound, good coverage, shutting down run plays, I say good for him.  Splash plays help a player get paid, but the defense will hinge on consistency.  Sounds like Barr is playing well.

Quote: @greediron said:

Funny how people complain about Barr being invisible, yet we held two high powered offenses to pretty measly production (outside of Bree's garbage time stats).  Bell and Brown were very limited.  So someone is doing something right.  It may not be splash plays, but Zimmer's D (and really most good defenses) is about everyone doing their job.  If Barr is playing sound, good coverage, shutting down run plays, I say good for him.  Splash plays help a player get paid, but the defense will hinge on consistency.  Sounds like Barr is playing well.
I think the misconception, for me anyway,  is that he made a pretty big splash as a rookie and we havent seen those results from him since.  he has been dinged up more,  but we really havent seen him terrorizing QBs like he did year one.  Now his lack of splash shouldnt mean that he isnt contributing as like you said,  Zims D doesnt really build stars,  it builds a dominant unit as long as everybody does their jobs.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:

I think the misconception, for me anyway,  is that he made a pretty big splash as a rookie and we havent seen those results from him since.  he has been dinged up more,  but we really havent seen him terrorizing QBs like he did year one.  Now his lack of splash shouldnt mean that he isnt contributing as like you said,  Zims D doesnt really build stars,  it builds a dominant unit as long as everybody does their jobs.
Last year in one or more of my articles I noted how Barr was being used and how unselfish he was playing.  He isn't being used to rush the QB nearly as much, but if our underneath coverage is shutting down players like Bell, then I don't care.  We seem to be getting pressure with the front 4, our D is playing lights out minus 3 penalties against Pittsburgh.

Barr looked good on Sunday.  No conplaints

Barr looked real good. I think he was hurt more than people thought last year

Quote: @Canthony said:
or Zimmer calling him out motivated him,  or being at the end of his contract has him motivated?

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Canthony said:
or Zimmer calling him out motivated him,  or being at the end of his contract has him motivated?
Geez so negative lol

I will go he was hurt more than people thought Smile 

Barr had one of his best games in awhile.  Hopefully he's just starting to feel healthy again.  Hey, I don't care even if it's contract motivated as long as he's producing.

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
Barr had one of his best games in awhile.  Hopefully he's just starting to feel healthy again.  Hey, I don't care even if it's contract motivated as long as he's producing.
just as long as his contract is based on his entire career to date and not just the year that he has to show something in order to get paid.  I just am nervous about his love for the game.   you can see it in Kendricks,  but I dont see that in Barr.