Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Levis?
Quote: @"JR44" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
If the Vikings don't trade for a QB--rumor swirling the Vikings like Malik Willis--then I'd bet a mortgage payment the Vikings will take a QB with their first pick in the '24 draft. And I'd bet half that they'll move up to do it. 
Spielman really like Willis and the Vikes had a lot of tape and scouting reports on him, would have been likely drafted by Vikes if he had stayed.  We passed on him 4 times so if we really liked him he was gift wrapped for us.  

https://www.si.com/fannation/bringmethes...lik-willis
Spielman liking a qb is not an endorsement imo.  What I saw of Willis last year was pure hot garbage.  We'll see if he looks any better tonight.

Willis stinks!

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"kmillard" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
Vikings had as much inside info as anyone could have on this kid. More than a lot of teams did. 

The fact they passed on him says a bunch.

Time will tell if they made a big mistake or is this another Jonny Football they avoided. 
Ha, The Vikings haven't shown me in 20 years that they can Identify a young QB. And that scouting regime has been there forever.
A Qb like Levis falling to you, not having to trade up, Any day all day over the small WR. They will do what they always do at QB lately, wait until they need one then panic draft.
If the Vikings don't trade for a QB--rumor swirling the Vikings like Malik Willis--then I'd bet a mortgage payment the Vikings will take a QB with their first pick in the '24 draft. And I'd bet half that they'll move up to do it. 
Your idea excites me of course. I just have my doubts dealing with the history so far.

Quote: @"kmillard" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"kmillard" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
Vikings had as much inside info as anyone could have on this kid. More than a lot of teams did. 

Time will tell if they made a big mistake or is this another Jonny Football they avoided. 
Ha, The Vikings haven't shown me in 20 years that they can Identify a young QB. And that scouting regime has been there forever.
A Qb like Levis falling to you, not having to trade up, Any day all day over the small WR. They will do what they always do at QB lately, wait until they need one then panic draft.
Your idea excites me of course. I just have my doubts dealing with the history so far.
Every year is a different story. Everything this year--the cap, the contracts, Kirk's age, the QB class--points to the Vikings pulling the trigger on a QB in '24. 

In fact, the only way I see it possibly NOT happening is if Cousins has an MVP-like season and the Vikings either win or come very close to winning the Super Bowl. Then they'd likely extend Cousins and might think they have more time. But even in that scenario I still think they go get their QBOTF. Just gives him a couple years to develop. 

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"minny65" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

Yea I made that analogy a couple weeks ago.  Before Levis was drafted he posted some selfies that looked like he was roided-up and then I heard he was very cocky in interviews (both whatever's IMO).  But the key thing is work ethic and processing the information quickly at the next level.  Johnny had no chance because he relied solely on talent which is not nearly good enough in the NFL particularly at QB.  We knew Levis OC (I think he was OC) and I am sure got the inside scoop on his work ethic and processing information and decided to pass so I am very good with us passing with inside information.  

That all said I am very curious to watch Levis to see if what our "inside" information was accurate.  
Once rumors started flying about his character, I was fine passing on him. As many have said, Vikings had a pretty good source for that and it's more than we as fans can know. 

But I don't think Levis is Johnny Football. Manziel never graduated. Levis has a Master's in Finance. He also scored 93% on the S2 (the new Wonderlic). So for him, I don't think it's about work ethic or processing information. I think he just rubbed people the wrong way. And I think he's probably a big party kid too.  
Yep, we had the book on him from KOC's connection with his college coach.  The Levis personality rumors remind me of what was said about Baker coming out.

I think as fans its easy for us to overlook personality/leadership traits vs stats.

I think with this regime especially, those are very heavily weighted attributes they look for in that QB1. That and processing speed in between the ears with a complex KOC offense. 

Something tells me this is why they passed on him...