Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are the Vikings moving on without Dalvin?
Just read the Vikings are taking their time with Cook because they want to do right by him. He's 100% gone but its a nice touch to try and make sure its a win for Dalvin also (if possible).

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Just read the Vikings are taking their time with Cook because they want to do right by him. He's 100% gone but its a nice touch to try and make sure its a win for Dalvin also (if possible).
Heard the same,  but don't really buy it.  What happens if the only offers are shit teams that he doesn't want to play for,  but still won't take a pay cut?  Are they going to just pay him his money and let him stay?  Not likely.  Its a nice sentiment to put out there,  but in the end they will do what ever they want regardless of if its the good thing for DC.  It's a business right?

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Heard the same,  but don't really buy it.  What happens if the only offers are shit teams that he doesn't want to play for,  but still won't take a pay cut?  Are they going to just pay him his money and let him stay?  Not likely.  Its a nice sentiment to put out there,  but in the end they will do what ever they want regardless of if its the good thing for DC.  It's a business right?
That's why I said 'if possible'. Of course the team needs to do what is right by THEM first, but there are times they can do both. This could be one of those times. 

I know RB has been devalued to death in recent years but Dalvin Cook has been one of the best players on this team since the day he was drafted. I’ll be sad to see him go.

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
I know RB has been devalued to death in recent years but Dalvin Cook has been one of the best players on this team since the day he was drafted. I’ll be sad to see him go.

I agree.  Losing Cook and Z isn't going to make the team better next season.  I understand wanting to start rebuilding for the future by not paying vets the high salaries, but both of those guys will be missed I think.  Cook is a game changing playmaker that steps up in big moments.

If they cut him before he can pass a physical,  would they then owe him an injury settlement?

The explosiveness, feet, vision, pass catching ability...you aren't getting that with Mattison, Chandler, or any other running back on the roster. He is a premium player. 

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
@"pattersaur" said:

I agree.  Losing Cook and Z isn't going to make the team better next season.  I understand wanting to start rebuilding for the future by not paying vets the high salaries, but both of those guys will be missed I think.  Cook is a game changing playmaker that steps up in big moments.
Z wanted out.  I am fine with moving on from his half a year of production.

Losing Cook affects the team.  No one is saying he isn't a great RB, but the team needs to trim somewhere.  RB is the easiest spot to make up production.