Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are the Vikings moving on without Dalvin?

so there was no team who was willing to give up a 5th for him?   then why are we paying him?

Quote: @Skodin said:
so there was no team who was willing to give up a 5th for him?   then why are we paying him?
They might give up the 5th for Dalvin, but not when it's got that contract attached to it.  Nobody's going to pay him $10.9 million period. Including us.  Get the ax Kwesi.

Quote: @Skodin said:
Because there's $5-$6 million in cap difference between moving him now vs. moving him after June 1st. 

The team is done with Dalvin, he'll be gone come June 1st. All the recent social media, etc. from the Vikings includes Mattison and not Cook. I always was a big Dalvin Cook fan, I'll miss him. But I'm good at moving on from players, so bring it on Mattison and Co.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
The team is done with Dalvin, he'll be gone come June 1st. All the recent social media, etc. from the Vikings includes Mattison and not Cook. I always was a big Dalvin Cook fan, I'll miss him. But I'm good at moving on from players, so bring it on Mattison and Co.
Yeah, he's gone. If all the tea leaves (Mattison contract, drafting McBride) weren't enough, KOC spoke about him in the past tense earlier this week. Instead of saying "Dalvin means a lot to me," he said "Dalvin meant a lot to me." You don't talk about current players like that. 

I think they are going to really miss him much more than they may think, he had the ability to change a game instantly as he did in the Buffalo game which we were pretty much done until he woke up the team with an 80 yard TD.  

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I agree but tough choices had to be made. I enjoyed his play here but it is business and it comes down to money. Mattison is more affordable. Also Dalvin just had shoulder surgery, maybe the wear and tear is making teams cautious of the contract

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@StickyBun said:
I agree but tough choices had to be made. I enjoyed his play here but it is business and it comes down to money. Mattison is more affordable. Also Dalvin just had shoulder surgery, maybe the wear and tear is making teams cautious of the contract
He also has to pass a physical in order for a trade to go through. Not sure he's quite there yet. 

Quote: @JR44 said:
I think they are going to really miss him much more than they may think, he had the ability to change a game instantly as he did in the Buffalo game which we were pretty much done until he woke up the team with an 80 yard TD.  
and thats the rub, hes a game changer as you noted in the Buffalo game, im thinking the analytics are saying more positive runs > 1 or 2 80 yard runs per year.