Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good breakdown on Hendon Hooker
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:
I tend to think more and more the Vikings are going take a position player of need early and take a flyer on a mid round QB at some point. DTR, Jaren Hall, Tanner McKee have been a few of the names mentioned that would make sense. Either that or trade for a young, high upside QB like a Trey Lance or Zach Wilson. Drafting a QB early just seems less and less likely the more this plays out and you look at our roster holes through a realistic lense 
I tend to agree. I doubt we see a massive move for a QB. Rather, I see us trading back a couple times, collecting a couple more 3rds to fill needs. The QB will either be Hooker in a trade back or one of the others in the 3rd or 4th. But if we miss, which is entirely possible, I could see a draft-day move on a Lance or a Wilson. 
Hooker and where he ultimately lands is going to be one of the more interesting storylines of this draft. Some people have him in the top 10 while others have him dropping into the second round. 
@Wetlander mentioned a few weeks ago that the Richardson narrative was similar to the Malik Willis hype last year. Much talk about him going super early and then he just didn't. Reality set in. 

And while I don't think that necessarily applies to Richardson, I think it probably applies to Hooker. Reality needs to set in at some point. I like him as a prospect, but he comes from an offense that has nothing in common with NFL offenses, he's over-aged and he's hurt. Are teams really going to take that in the top 20? Hard to see. 
I've heard a lot of draftniks, former players, and "experts" on NFL Radio over the last couple weeks who have moved Hooker into the #3 spot in their QB rankings. Mike Tannenbaum had Hooker going 5th to Seattle in his last mock draft. But I agree with you though in that I wouldn't take him that high and would be much more comfortable in a trade back. I just think the Vikings have to get some bang out of this draft class and taking Hooker gets you no closer to shoring up those roster holes for this season.

If we could trade down from 23 and still get Hooker I would good with that.

If Levis falls out of Top 10 I would not be opposed to moving up into the Jet's (13) pick to get him ahead of other teams that might be interested.  Not sure what we would have to give up?  Is pick 23, 87 and next year 2nd enough?  I would make that move for Levis.

I think this is the perfect year for us to draft a top prospect to sit behind Kirk.  

I was listening to KFAN and PA said Hooker was getting some action. The jokes and memes are too easy

[Image: m1n0jy9qfkrq.gif]

He did catch himself and said let me rephrase that lol