Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biggest Surprise of the Offseason So Far
Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"Vanguard83" said:
@"1VikesFan" said:
Went with Mattison although not signing Shelley was a close 2nd for me.
I flipped this - Shelley first.  guy is a baller, I dont know WTF the FO thinking
yeah, then Mattison
Maybe he didnt want to be here? I forget how much $ diff there was between the Raiders and Vikings offers. 
Vikings could've found enough money in the dryer filter to beat the Raiders offer. Vikings have yet to do anything with TJH and O'Neill for example. One extension and one restructure that could've pulled 20 times the amount needed to keep Shelley. So I tend to think it wasn't about money. 

Maybe it was culture, maybe Flores didn't like him, who knows, but I just can't imagine it could've been about money. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"Vanguard83" said:
@"1VikesFan" said:
I flipped this - Shelley first.  guy is a baller, I dont know WTF the FO thinking
yeah, then Mattison
Maybe he didnt want to be here? I forget how much $ diff there was between the Raiders and Vikings offers. 
Vikings could've found enough money in the dryer filter to beat the Raiders offer. Vikings have yet to do anything with TJH and O'Neill for example. One extension and one restructure that could've pulled 20 times the amount needed to keep Shelley. So I tend to think it wasn't about money. 

Maybe it was culture, maybe Flores didn't like him, who knows, but I just can't imagine it could've been about money. 
Flores came up under Belichick, DB’s under 5’10” no longer exist… Wink B)  

Quote: @"Kentis" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"Vanguard83" said:
@"1VikesFan" said:
yeah, then Mattison

Funny you say that, but I think there is some truth in the type of CB Flores is looking for. As much as I don't want to take another CB at 23, if we end up staying there Deonte Banks makes a lot of sense for us and what he could do in the Flores scheme. 

Quote: @"Kentis" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"Vanguard83" said:
@"1VikesFan" said:
yeah, then Mattison

You might actually be right about that. Personally I'm not a fan of size benchmarks. I'm sure Antoine Winfield broke a few. So many argued about Trent McDuffie's arm length last year. I think the Chiefs are pretty happy they ignored that. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
I think what happens in the Draft might be the most surprising.....
Hope KAM doesn't trade away the majority our 24 draft picks...

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
I think what happens in the Draft might be the most surprising.....
If we use last year as a predictor for this one? That might prove to be very prophetic.