Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biggest Surprise of the Offseason So Far
In an offseason of surprises, what do you consider to be the biggest surprise to date?

I thought for sure AT would've stayed a Viking.  It will be strange seeing him not play for the Vikes.

I was say Mattison since I thought he wanted to go somewhere he could compete for lead back duties.  

Still wondering if it means Dalvin could be on the move leading up to the draft.

It’s just my wait and see how good they are, Duke was my choice for surprise.  If he’s all pro and HOF then they suck, till then I won’t consider KC my favorite team

It really is a long list of surprises.

Quote: @"VikingOracle" said:
It really is a long list of surprises.
That it is and its not exactly a "pleasant" list 

For me? Signing Mattison and Oliver were #1 and #2. 

I voted Mattison,   even if they were gonna move on from Cook I still expected AM to be down the road.

Went with Mattison although not signing Shelley was a close 2nd for me.

I would say most of these options were expected or possible to happen, and for that reason my vote is the Oliver signing which came out of nowhere. It's like we go through all this hassle to clear cap space for what should be to address just a piss poor defense at all levels, and our first order of business was to sign a blocking TE from Baltimore who's career high thus far is 150 total receiving yards. I think someone from NFL.com had it as one of the top 5 worst signings of this offseason. 

I put Mattison because I was willing to roll with Chandler, Kene, and whatever Rookie we draft. My hope was adding someone like Deuce Vaughn who would give us a dynamic playmaker out of the backfield. We will see what happens with Mattison this year if we move on from Cook, but I'm not convinced his running style is as good a fit for our Blocking Scheme as Chandler's is.