Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's Make a Deal!
Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
I'm not a huge Tomlinson fan...I dont think any of our IDL are beyond pedestrian. 

Shelley is one I am hoping they bring back and I'm torn on P2 anymore. He looked totally un interested in a # of games last year. 
I think Tomlinson is well above pedestrian, ranking 14th among 100 qualifiers in PFF's IDL rankings. I don't think he deserves a massive contract though, and that's likely what he's pursuing and why he hasn't been resigned. But whether you like him or not, if the Vikings lose him, that's one more starter we're going to have to find somewhere. 
Yah I get that...And in a year with so few draft picks, that is a big issue. I just haven't seen him all that good in either 3/4 or 4/3.

I guess the same can apply to Bradbury. We'll have to see what kind of $ these two might see from elsewhere. 

I think Tomlinson and Bradbury will get much better offers in free agency. 
Tomlinson is one of the top DTs available. 
He is probably getting north of 15M which may be out of the Vikings range.

Some team will offer Bradbury over 10M which is also some tall cotton.

Dalvin for Austin?

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...27329?s=20
Would be nice but he wants more money and Dalvin ain't taking no pay cut.  Will Dalvin redo his deal for the Chargers?  How much should the Vikings pay Ekeler if they did pull off the move?

Dalvin for Austin?

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...27329?s=20
Nope,  IMO you can find a quality RB in almost every draft late day 2 or early day 3,  why waste cap space on a high dollar RB when they have such short careers?  just make it a point of taking a RB at least , every other year and you should have at least  1or 2 on rookie deals.  if nothing else you can usually find an affordable vet or two late in FA. 

[Image: wb4eg6euv2by.png]