Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Players mocked to the Vikings post Combine
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Bullazin said:
Anyone know about Sewell?  He is very intriguing to me, coild he last to 3rd round?  I think we could use a masher in the middle of this D. 
@supafreak84 is in love with him. I think he's like a Manti Teo, a good college ILB who may not have the range or coverage chops for the NFL. Could be wrong though. HIs combine numbers weren't that bad. Either way, from the rankings I'm seeing by draft analysts I trust, he should be available in the 3rd round. 

I have a hunch what Flores wants next to Asamoah is an ILB who has the beef to stop the inside run and the length to rush the passer off the edge. There's one in free agency (Tremaine Edmunds) and two in the draft (Drew Sanders, Jack Campbell). Just seems like based on his comments about players having versatility and playing different roles, this kind of LB would appeal to him. 

I think Sewell is a really good player. Instinctive, twitchy, and he's a thumper. I think we need a bigger LB that can hold up in run support and he would fit the bill. His ability as a pass rusher and blitzer would really fit in with what Flores wants to do. If he is available in the 3rd, that's a steal for some team IMO

I'd love Sanders, Sewell, or Simpson for us. I'm not as big on the Iowa kid 

After releasing Thielen and Dantzler yesterday, I still think WR and C are the biggest needs we have right now. That could change if they end up trading Z. Smith but I still feel like we really don't know what we have in some of our defensive players until we see them under Flores' Coaching and Scheme, especially if Cine and Booth can come back and stay healthy. Patrick Jones is another guy I'm very interested in seeing develop under Flores. 

Quote: @TBro said:
After releasing Thielen and Dantzler yesterday, I still think WR and C are the biggest needs we have right now. That could change if they end up trading Z. Smith but I still feel like we really don't know what we have in some of our defensive players until we see them under Flores' Coaching and Scheme, especially if Cine and Booth can come back and stay healthy. Patrick Jones is another guy I'm very interested in seeing develop under Flores. 
I cross Booth off any plans,  the story on him coming out was cant stay healthy,  he lived up to that reputation year one,  if he contributes great,  but you have to look at FA and the draft as if he isnt even on the roster.  Sadly same goes for Cine,  that was a pretty traumatic injury,  those short little videos are encouraging,  but until he can go hard enough and long enough,  cutting, pushing, hitting, jumping etc... you cant trust that he will be the guy.  Jones,  now that kids a player.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@TBro said:
I cross Booth off any plans,  the story on him coming out was cant stay healthy,  he lived up to that reputation year one,  if he contributes great,  but you have to look at FA and the draft as if he isnt even on the roster.  Sadly same goes for Cine,  that was a pretty traumatic injury,  those short little videos are encouraging,  but until he can go hard enough and long enough,  cutting, pushing, hitting, jumping etc... you cant trust that he will be the guy.  Jones,  now that kids a player.
I understand your thinking, but I guess I have more hope, at least for Cine to be fully recovered and ready to go by Training Camp. I think Booth will be Healthy, but will he stay Healthy? Hopefully he has a string of good luck for a change and we benefit from it. 

@JimmyinSD said:
@TBro said:
I understand your thinking, but I guess I have more hope, at least for Cine to be fully recovered and ready to go by Training Camp. I think Booth will be Healthy, but will he stay Healthy? Hopefully he has a string of good luck for a change and we benefit from it. 
You still have to fill a starting CB role like he isn't in the equation,  kinda like assuming you will need a 1B RB along with Dalvin,  due to him getting dinged as often as he had in the past.

@JimmyinSD said:
@TBro said:
The selection of Lewis Cine and how that all played out was beyond ridiculous and now we have no idea what we have in him due to the injury. If he's lost a step or two it's a problem because speed was supposed to be his calling card. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@TBro said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@TBro said:
You still have to fill a starting CB role like he isn't in the equation,  kinda like assuming you will need a 1B RB along with Dalvin,  due to him getting dinged as often as he had in the past.
I think the Dalvin-always-hurt narrative is overblown. He's one of I think just two RBs in the NFL who's had over 1,000 yards each of the last 4 seasons. Did he get dinged occasionally? Yes, he's a RB. They all do. 

But I agree that we have to approach the CB position as if we're expecting nothing from Booth. Is it likely he'll get hurt again? No, but nor has he proven yet that he can play in the NFL. To me, that's more a reason to add a player than the injury thing.