Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting re: Kwesi/JJ dynamic
Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"medaille" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"medaille" said:
Everyone wants to win until they have to make a business decision that affects their kids and grandkids.  We'll see how much less than market value JJ wants to take to win.  But it's definitely better to have that drive to win than to be lazy and comfortable.
You really think he's going to get less than market value? I think he's going to break the market. Highest paid non QB in history. 
How did you read what I wrote and think I suggested he'll actually take less than market value?  I'm saying it's easy to want to win.  Everyone wants to win.  Tom Brady wanted to win so much that he voluntarily got paid less, so that his team could have a better chance at winning.  I don't think JJ wants to win as much as Brady did, to make the sacrifices Brady did in the desire to win, because almost no player makes those sacrifices, and in that regard I agree with you, he'll probably break the market.  Do I blame him.  Absolutely not.  Go get that money, but it's an offseason fluff piece to say he wants to win.
Apparently, I do have reading issues because I'm still not sure what it is you're saying. Yes, of course it's an offseason fluff piece. That much I understand. The rest sounds like you're saying he wants to win, but not as much as Brady, not enough to take less money. Is that pretty much it? 

To that I would only say that JJ is 23 years old. This is his first real pay day and he could blowout a knee tomorrow. In the handful of cases where a player takes less to help the team, it's likely about many things in addition to a commitment to winning, like where a player is on his career timeline, history of income, and in Brady's case, household income. 
Fans crack me up. 'Take less!', they say......such a load of horseshit. How much money does a person need, they say. Its not for you to decide as a fan, its market value and putting your health on the line, especially after like 50. CTE. Short careers. Such a naive thing to say and super hypocritical (those saying that).

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"medaille" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"medaille" said:
Everyone wants to win until they have to make a business decision that affects their kids and grandkids.  We'll see how much less than market value JJ wants to take to win.  But it's definitely better to have that drive to win than to be lazy and comfortable.
You really think he's going to get less than market value? I think he's going to break the market. Highest paid non QB in history. 
How did you read what I wrote and think I suggested he'll actually take less than market value?  I'm saying it's easy to want to win.  Everyone wants to win.  Tom Brady wanted to win so much that he voluntarily got paid less, so that his team could have a better chance at winning.  I don't think JJ wants to win as much as Brady did, to make the sacrifices Brady did in the desire to win, because almost no player makes those sacrifices, and in that regard I agree with you, he'll probably break the market.  Do I blame him.  Absolutely not.  Go get that money, but it's an offseason fluff piece to say he wants to win.
Apparently, I do have reading issues because I'm still not sure what it is you're saying. Yes, of course it's an offseason fluff piece. That much I understand. The rest sounds like you're saying he wants to win, but not as much as Brady, not enough to take less money. Is that pretty much it? 

To that I would only say that JJ is 23 years old. This is his first real pay day and he could blowout a knee tomorrow. In the handful of cases where a player takes less to help the team, it's likely about many things in addition to a commitment to winning, like where a player is on his career timeline, history of income, and in Brady's case, household income. 
not for certain,  and am not going to bother going to look it up,  but IIRC Tom took his first pay cuts prior to marrying Gisele,  I think it was just a smart business move for him,  he could have kept an extra few million a year,  but how much more has he made over the last 15 years or so because he was able to make himself into the GOAT?  his taking a pay cut was an investment into his future and it paid off in spades.

even look at KC,  lets say he does want to play into his 40s,  how many more years would he be able to play,  taking the hits he has take the last 2 years?  how many years would it extend his career if he were able to get his half as much?  if he were to take 10 million less per year,  and as a result able to play 3 or 4 additional years,  that would yield quite a nice return,  and possibly more than just football money,  if he were to show some success and marketability,  then there is even more money.  KC took about 130 hits this season IIRC,  I know he is the iron man,  but he is becoming the old iron man and those dents are going to start to show.

This just in:  "All the Vikings want to win real real hard."  Pretty sweet.  better than those other teams whose players aren't as committed.  Lets start building the trophy case.

i think you have to make him highest paid Wr, or very close to it. I will say that Jaire Alexander handled him and not sure i would use it against him, But, it’s something to take into consideration 

Quote: @"Bullazin" said:
i think you have to make him highest paid Wr, or very close to it. I will say that Jaire Alexander handled him and not sure i would use it against him, But, it’s something to take into consideration 
did he really, or was it Jaire and a Safety over the top or a LB underneath?  there was at least 1 CB claim to have handled JJ,  but after further review it took a village.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Bullazin" said:
did he really, or was it Jaire and a Safety over the top or a LB underneath?  there was at least 1 CB claim to have handled JJ,  but after further review it took a village.
i had heard that also. i havent seen a Bercich breakdown or the all 22. I can only say what i saw which was that JA was physical off the line, kept in trail coverage, beat him at  ball arrival and otherwise stuck to him like glue. JJ was frustrated, as he was whipped. 

that all said, JA is all pro, maybe 1st team so there is that.