Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brian Flores
The thing that every team now has to consider with Flores is, if he is not good and at some point you have to fire him, is that something you want to worry about (especially with the Vikings and a white ownership and white head coach) on the heels of his lawsuit? It's almost like bringing Kaepernick on your team in that you have to worry about the repercussions if he doesn't work out and you need to move on. I would not want to worry about that if I was KOC and to me it was very telling that Belickick, who routinely brings back his former coaches who have been fired, did not elect to bring Flores back after getting fired in Miami. I think he might do a good job but the risk if he doesn't wouldn't be worth it. Hard pass

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
The thing that every team now has to consider with Flores is, if he is not good and at some point you have to fire him, is that something you want to worry about (especially with the Vikings and a white ownership and white head coach) on the heels of his lawsuit? It's almost like bringing Kaepernick on your team in that you have to worry about the repercussions if he doesn't work out and you need to move on. I would not want to worry about that if I was KOC and to me it was very telling that Belickick, who routinely brings back his former coaches who have been fired, did not elect to bring Flores back after getting fired in Miami. I think he might do a good job but the risk if he doesn't wouldn't be worth it. Hard pass
Black GM is the get out jail free card if you want to play the BvW game.  

I would be happy with Flores.

Keep in mind the following:
  • Dolphin's owner asked him to tank.  I don't doubt that they tried to bury him when he refused to do so.  
  • KOC and Flores overlapped at the Patriots for a year.
  • Yes, Belichick didn't bring him back.  Keep in mind, Flores brought the very private Belichick into the lawsuit because of Belichick's text messages erroneously sent to Flores.
Yes, I don't doubt that Flores and Tua dynamic was toxic and it was largely Flores' fault.  Certainly that will be a big part of any interview.  If KOC is satisfied with that part of the interview, then I will not complain if hired.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
I thought about that, but the Dolphins GM was black when they fired Flores and he sued them....so guess not

As a head coach I'd be wary of him with the QB but I'm fine with him as a DC.  

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
I thought about that, but the Dolphins GM was black when they fired Flores and he sued them....so guess not
Anybody can sue for anything,   but the fact that he would be hired and fired by a black man ( if it were to happen) certainly controls both the optics and narrative.  Not to mention he loses most any credibility if he plays that card again with little or no proof.  I just dont see it as a story that gets any traction if it were to come to that.

PA seems to think that the AZ job is Flores for the taking,  I am trying to imagine kyler murray walking around with a play station sticking out of his ass after he told coach he wasnt ready for the practice because he was up all night waiting in line for COD 27 to be released.

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
maybe we need an ahole?  _onatell was a passive pos. 
Zim, Flores?  It seems to work on defense.  As a DC he doesn't have to talk to the QB.