Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brian Flores
Vikings request interview with Brian Flores. 

twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1616812027393048578?t=1m8l4zDtxO9p_-cNU2rKtw&s=19

I'm a fan. 

Based on what I've learned since the interview was announced, he'd be the guy I'd want. I'm not going to get my hopes up though. Apparently, he's the leading candidate to get the HC job in Arizona.

Cover 0 and cover 1 guy. Frequent and well disguised blitzes. Mostly a 3-4 base guy, but as is the trend, he's not married to it:  “I’m unable to say I’m 3-4 or 4-3. I’m not wired that way. You have to be scheme versatile. We want to do that....It could be different every week. I think in this game, you have to be multiple. If you sit in one thing, the coaches are too good.”

If we're able to get him, maybe he can bring Cameron Sutton with him. 

He’d need some serious upgrades on D to make it work. I’m hoping the Cardinals are using him as a Rooney rule

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
He’d need some serious upgrades on D to make it work. I’m hoping the Cardinals are using him as a Rooney rule
Funny you say that because one of the other coaches that is part of the Discrimination lawsuit with Flores is Steve Wilks who is naming the Cardinals as being discriminatory against him. 

Two things pop out for me;

This would feel like a short time hire 
There are some potential flags with him culturally

There are a lot of good names out there for DC

Flores makes the relationship that Zimmer had with Speilman and Cousins look like a Hallmark movie.  Before you advocate for this guy, look into why he was really let go by the Dolphins, it was 100x worse than what Zimmer was accused of.

https://twitter.com/JeffDarlington/statu...wcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.totalprosports.com%2Fnfl%2Freport-brian-flores-tua-tagovailoa-got-into-major-profane-shouting-match-during-season%2F

maybe we need an ahole?  _onatell was a passive pos. 

Belichick tree guys all fail at HC gigs because they act like dicks.  The dick side of Belichick rubs off but the rest doesn't.

I don't know if hardass DC would fit with the new purple kumbaya culture.  Would they fire him if he refused to say "hi" in the hallway?

Quote: @"comet52" said:
Belichick tree guys all fail at HC gigs because they act like dicks.  The dick side of Belichick rubs off but the rest doesn't.

I don't know if hardass DC would fit with the new purple kumbaya culture.  Would they fire him if he refused to say "hi" in the hallway?
Yeah, I have no idea what the lickeroom dynamics would look like. Part of me thinks a good cop bad cop thing might work.