Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well, how's everyone feeling about the Cowboys match-up?
[Image: 4w1w3rkd04ly.jpeg]

don’t know, still trying to get over the Bills game…
Wink B)  

Vikings win by two scores this week. That is my prediction. Will be shocked to lose this one after getting disrespected with the underdog status at home against the pokes.

Playing a good team Sunday, but what else is new? I won't underestimate Minnesota anymore. I'm sure it will be a slugfest, have your defibrillator handy, as always.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"Chuckf" said:
@"pattersaur" said:
I think we’re going to have a hard time running the ball in this one. I think this is the game where Kirk really needs to spread the ball around to have success. He’s been better about that the past few weeks but I just have a feeling Dallas is going to go all out on limiting JJ.

I’m expecting a close game and I hope we do enough to get the win. 
Packers ran all over their defense.  207 rushing yards at a 5.3 yard per carry clip.   I think the Vikings can do the same if they stick with it.
 I sure hope so.  So far KOC keeps mentioning he needs to stick with the run game, but doesn't seem to ever make that adjustment.  I guess he did late in the Bills game and in OT, but it would be nice if he would establish it early in the game and stick with it.  I think this O-line would love to maul the heck out of Dallas.
I think he tries to establish it early. It just doesn't work. I think defenses know what our go-to runs are and they stop it. Later in the game, when defenses are tired, those same runs are far more effective. 

Watching clips of the OL on their wide zone blocks, knocking defensive linemen on their asses, I mean that has to be exhausting. That comes in handy late in games as it did against the Bills. In OT we were getting 10 yards a carry. 

My only thought is to maybe try more unconventional runs early on.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"Chuckf" said:
@"pattersaur" said:
I think we’re going to have a hard time running the ball in this one. I think this is the game where Kirk really needs to spread the ball around to have success. He’s been better about that the past few weeks but I just have a feeling Dallas is going to go all out on limiting JJ.

I’m expecting a close game and I hope we do enough to get the win. 
Packers ran all over their defense.  207 rushing yards at a 5.3 yard per carry clip.   I think the Vikings can do the same if they stick with it.
 I sure hope so.  So far KOC keeps mentioning he needs to stick with the run game, but doesn't seem to ever make that adjustment.  I guess he did late in the Bills game and in OT, but it would be nice if he would establish it early in the game and stick with it.  I think this O-line would love to maul the heck out of Dallas.
I think he tries to establish it early. It just doesn't work. I think defenses know what our go-to runs are and they stop it. Later in the game, when defenses are tired, those same runs are far more effective. 

Watching clips of the OL on their wide zone blocks, knocking defensive linemen on their asses, I mean that has to be exhausting. That comes in handy late in games as it did against the Bills. In OT we were getting 10 yards a carry. 

My only thought is to maybe try more unconventional runs early on.
Having Darrisaw starting is huge today.