Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Misc. Thoughts: Cardinals
I agree with the Small Nitpick, I thought a couple of times Cook cut into more tacklers and could have picked up more yards and he cut the opposite direction. Maybe it’s a coaching thing? I don’t remember him doing that in the past.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@VikingOracle said:
@Montana Tom said:
@ThunderGod said:
Was it Dantzler or PP?

As soon as Minnesota's Harrison Smith began his interception return, Patrick Peterson turned to the Arizona sideline with his arms in the air and his legs dancing to celebrate.
Read more at: https://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/ar...rylink=cpy
yes, it was PP, not Danzler.  So Great Oracle, the premise of your comment on Danzler in this particular case was off.  Everything else pretty spot on.
See what happens when a narrative gets in your head....... I stand corrected.  Shame on PP.
Yabbut I remember Dantzler doing something like this too. Maybe it was on a different pick. 
Maybe it is just the Mandela effect.  https://parade.com/1054775/marynliles/ma...-examples/

Quote: @Riphawkins said:
I agree with the Small Nitpick, I thought a couple of times Cook cut into more tacklers and could have picked up more yards and he cut the opposite direction. 
Maybe it’s a coaching thing? I don’t remember him doing that in the past.

I agree also. I think it may be a lack of patience more than a lack of vision. I think he made up for it by doing something he almost never does. He usually runs out of bounds when near the sidelines. Sunday he stayed in and gained a few more yards a couple of times. Can't say I blame him for stepping out and avoiding extra punishment though.
I remember Mattison making the wrong cuts his first year, but not so much anymore.

Quote: @Riphawkins said:
I agree with the Small Nitpick, I thought a couple of times Cook cut into more tacklers and could have picked up more yards and he cut the opposite direction. 

On his big 30 yard run he should have went to the sideline, but for whatever reason he cut back inside.  Perhaps he thought he could get by the safety that way, but ran into other traffic.  It is easy in hindsight and looking from above, but maybe not so easy in real time.  He does seem to relish contact tho as he tried to run over Baker.

Quote: @greediron said:
@Riphawkins said:

On his big 30 yard run he should have went to the sideline, but for whatever reason he cut back inside.  Perhaps he thought he could get by the safety that way, but ran into other traffic.  It is easy in hindsight and looking from above, but maybe not so easy in real time.  He does seem to relish contact tho as he tried to run over Baker.
This is the one play I thought he could have got more out of. But yeah, in hindsight it’s a lot easier to nitpick.

I”m really just happy he’s getting more opportunities and his yards are starting to add up. 

Another small nitpick here, does anybody else wonder when Greg Joseph trots out onto the field if he is going to make it or not.  Granted most of his kicks that have been missed have been close to 50+ but come on Greg at least make the extra point uneventful.

Quote: @greediron said:
@Riphawkins said:

If you’ve watched the KOC mic’ed up episode, when Cook cuts it back inside, KOC has a look that says we are correct here. I can’t remember if what he said was real audible or not, but I got the impression he wanted Cook to take that back to the sideline.

Quote: @Greylock said:
Another small nitpick here, does anybody else wonder when Greg Joseph trots out onto the field if he is going to make it or not.  Granted most of his kicks that have been missed have been close to 50+ but come on Greg at least make the extra point uneventful.
You know, I am not that worried about the kicking being ironed out.  From my totally novice point of view,  it seems to me that on the kicks he misses, the snap seems to be a little too much towards the holder, not inaccurate but enough to throw off a little bit of the timing.  Again, take this with a grain of salt -- maybe I just have much more confidence in this coaching staff.