Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Misc. Thoughts: Cardinals

Halloween, so an abbreviated miscellaneous thoughts:
  • Red Zone.   Stat of the game -- red zone visits: 5; red zone touchdowns: 5; and # of players scoring touchdowns: 5.  I was throughly impressed by the red zone calls yesterday -- they were creative and unexpected.  Maybe this team is the 3rd worse 6-1 team in the era of detailed analytics; but it is certainly one of the best situational Vikings teams in recent memory.  I am even adjusting to one score games -- my "Viking" anxiety level when the opposing team has the ball late in the game has greatly decreased (though not evaporated).
  • Kyler Murray.  2nd Stat of the game -- Kirk Cousins had a longer run (17 yards) than Murray (long of 8 yards).  It was a really good game plan for containing Murray (and the running game in general).   Overall, it was a fairly impressive defensive game plan though Rondale Moore caused problems with his illusiveness.
  • Defensive Line.  I really like the amount they rotate the dline and outside linebackers.  DHunter lead the front 5 with 86% of the snaps.  I do wonder when Patrick Jones (15 snaps) will overtake DJ Wonnum (43 snaps) in number of snaps.  Jones seems to do good things when on the field.
  • One Thing.  I have to say the one thing that keeps bothering me while watching the highlights -- Dantzler celebrating HSmith interception while Harry was still running.  I wish Dantzler had more Danielle dog in him -- go block someone.  I've seen that play a few times now and Dantzler starts raising his hands and playing to the crowd while Harry is trying to go to the house.
  • Ingram.  I've read articles where they argue that the coaches should have taken Ingram out yesterday.  I think you need to give him as much experience as you can and hope it pays off near the end of the season.  Clearly the Cardinals (and every team) see Ingram as the weak link and are targeting him with the likes of JJ Watts.  But what an opportunity to learn.
  • Small Nitpick.  I figure I am entitled to my own little nitpick -- Dalvin Cook was great yesterday but I feel he left some yards on the field.  I have seen this a few times this season where after he breaks into the open field (and what god given talent to find the right hole and get into the open field), he sometimes makes the wrong decision and gets less yards than he could have had he gone the other way.  Again, maybe the most minimal of nitpicks but there you have it.
Happy halloween.
[Image: tzr1gmq4ba2u.jpg]

Trust me...Dantzler is as immature as you can imagine. 

But for his sake, I'm glad its a better environment for him and I hope he can grow into a db that warrants a 2nd contract.

I think Dalvin is just hitting his stride for the year, hope I can say the same about Hunter soon. He may very well be a player out of position in the new scheme. 

And I thought he would transition well too. 

So far he's put up 23 solo tackles (tied for 138th) and 3 sacks (tied for 48th).  Thats not screaming for handing him another big bag any time soon.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/2976560/danielle-hunter

It's too bad we can't meld Wonnum and Patrick Jones...  Wonnum is the much better run defender (Jones gets sucked inside too much and doesn't contain) but Jones appears to be the superior pass rusher.  Hopefully these guys can keep developing in both areas.

Was it Dantzler or PP?

As soon as Minnesota's Harrison Smith began his interception return, Patrick Peterson turned to the Arizona sideline with his arms in the air and his legs dancing to celebrate.
Read more at: https://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/ar...rylink=cpy

It was Peterson that threw his hands up and was celebrating while Smith was trying to return the interception...

DJ Wonnum is the better player right now, I think he's underrated with the fan base. 

Quote: @ThunderGod said:
Was it Dantzler or PP?

As soon as Minnesota's Harrison Smith began his interception return, Patrick Peterson turned to the Arizona sideline with his arms in the air and his legs dancing to celebrate.
yes, it was PP, not Danzler.  So Great Oracle, the premise of your comment on Danzler in this particular case was off.  Everything else pretty spot on.

Quote: @Montana Tom said:
@ThunderGod said:
Was it Dantzler or PP?

yes, it was PP, not Danzler.  So Great Oracle, the premise of your comment on Danzler in this particular case was off.  Everything else pretty spot on.
See what happens when a narrative gets in your head....... I stand corrected.  Shame on PP.

Quote: @VikingOracle said:
@Montana Tom said:
@ThunderGod said:
Was it Dantzler or PP?

See what happens when a narrative gets in your head....... I stand corrected.  Shame on PP.
Yabbut I remember Dantzler doing something like this too. Maybe it was on a different pick. 

I give PP a pass on this one.  It sounded to me like he was out to pay the Cardinals back for letting him go and dis-respecting him and his all pro services.

Just surprised the great referee crew didnt see it and call him for taunting.