Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Think Rodgers misses his receivers?
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:The big issue with Green Bay right now is that Rodgers doesn't have enough receivers that he trusts. Not only did he lose superstar Davante Adams in the offseason, but also deep threat Marquez Valdes-Scandling left for Kansas City....
...The Packers can't win if Rodgers isn't elite. And Rodgers is showing he can't be anywhere close to elite if he doesn't have receivers he trusts.
...and yet when many of us said that the media and Packer fans, who almost unanimously picked the Packers to win the division, were underrating just how much Rodgers would miss his top two receivers, we were told that Rodgers would find a way. Looking at you, Pete Prisco. 

Might they come back and make things interesting? Yeah, I expect them to. But they're not going to be serious contenders with that group of receivers. I think they have to make a trade or they're done. 
Agree MB, their receivers are definitely not getting the job done. Not their only problem though. Their defense doesn't look good at all right now and that is supposed to be this year's strength.

Couldn't happen to a more deserving team---burn baby burn

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:The big issue with Green Bay right now is that Rodgers doesn't have enough receivers that he trusts. Not only did he lose superstar Davante Adams in the offseason, but also deep threat Marquez Valdes-Scandling left for Kansas City....
...The Packers can't win if Rodgers isn't elite. And Rodgers is showing he can't be anywhere close to elite if he doesn't have receivers he trusts.
...and yet when many of us said that the media and Packer fans, who almost unanimously picked the Packers to win the division, were underrating just how much Rodgers would miss his top two receivers, we were told that Rodgers would find a way. Looking at you, Pete Prisco. 

Might they come back and make things interesting? Yeah, I expect them to. But they're not going to be serious contenders with that group of receivers. I think they have to make a trade or they're done. 
Agree MB, their receivers are definitely not getting the job done. Not their only problem though. Their defense doesn't look good at all right now and that is supposed to be this year's strength.
Yeah, and that's been a big surprise to me. They have a lot of talent on that side of the ball. 

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
@MaroonBells said:

I refuse to throw dirt on em but...

They have what? 7 #1 picks on Defense + some quality F.Agents? That D aint playing in a way that reflects that talent
They ran the ball how many times yesterday vs Commodes? When they had a double digit lead?
Rogers is getting rid of the ball and throwing short - no OL trust so far
Rogers will take some of the blame at his pressers, but he is throwing his OL and team under the bus - passive aggressively. 
They are paying him what? $50mm a year? That kinda $ means you are having to make the players around you better, and he aint

ESPN was just saying there is a big leadership void in GB and Rogers/Coaches aren't on the same page - I think they're right

[Image: 60ddt6iuct22.jpeg]

Quote: @MaroonBells said:

Yeah, well I always expect them to suck, so no "I told you so" from me.  But I was with you on the WR issue.  I also wonder, is Rodgers struggling because he doesn't have WRs he trusts.  Meaning, not only aren't the WRs doing their job, but Rodgers is overthinking or over cautious because he doesn't want to look bad.

I wouldn't completely throw dirt on the Packers yet, but I'll be surprised if they turn it around completely. They've lost games they usually pull out.