Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Think Rodgers misses his receivers?
Despite losing Davante Adams and a couple others, many thought it wouldn't affect Rodgers, that he'd still find a way to turn crap receivers into all pros. I think this stat argues otherwise. 

https://twitter.com/BenFennell_NFL/statu...36385?s=20&t=RoBzb7IFTy-1zXA-Zb1bSQ

Another stat I heard is he's completing far below his career average on passes 20+ yards down the field.  I didn't look it up to verify, but that was the talk on local sports radio here.

It's funny though, listening to the national sports media in the morning the past two weeks...  most feel like Rodgers will figure it out and the Packers will make the playoffs.  They very well could...  but their offensive line is in shambles right now which has been a strength of theirs in the past.  And Davante definitely covered up a lot of issues with his ability to turn short throws into big games and winning contested catches down field.  The Packers don't have anyone like that unless some of the young guys make a big leap.

You don't ever want to stick a fork in a team early, especially one that has Aaron Rodgers at QB, but the issues with the offense right now are more than chemistry and/or execution.  I think they have major talent issues along the OL and at WR.  Not sure if that is something they can fix during the season.

They will get back to winning vs the Commanders by running the football.   It will open up more room for below average WRs, they get smacked down by the Bills and at 4-4 will start their run.  They are not dead yet but they are not the team of the last 3 years.

The problem will be like 2015, they won't have enough wins in the basket to over take Minnesota who has 6 home games left and 3 very winnable road games (Washington, Detroit, Chicago).  The Vikes win those 3 road games and 4 out of 6 at home, that's 12 wins.  GB isn't overcoming that this year.

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
Another stat I heard is he's completing far below his career average on passes 20+ yards down the field.  I didn't look it up to verify, but that was the talk on local sports radio here.

It's funny though, listening to the national sports media in the morning the past two weeks...  most feel like Rodgers will figure it out and the Packers will make the playoffs.  They very well could...  but their offensive line is in shambles right now which has been a strength of theirs in the past.  And Davante definitely covered up a lot of issues with his ability to turn short throws into big games and winning contested catches down field.  The Packers don't have anyone like that unless some of the young guys make a big leap.

You don't ever want to stick a fork in a team early, especially one that has Aaron Rodgers at QB, but the issues with the offense right now are more than chemistry and/or execution.  I think they have major talent issues along the OL and at WR.  Not sure if that is something they can fix during the season.
I saw a NFL rankings list that had Minnesota ranked 5th.....wait for it.....and Green Bay ranked 6th. The Packers are the heroin of the NFL sports media: they can never kick it.

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:

Saw a graph of that and he was in the Baker Mayfield territory there as well.  Maybe it was 30+ yard passes, but he had only 1.

He has always turned chicken shit into chicken salad, but this year his WRs will have to improve to be in the chicken shit category.  

Quote: @"greediron" said:
He has always turned chicken shit into chicken salad, but this year his WRs will have to improve to be in the chicken shit category.  
I think Romeo Doubs has looked good running routes and getting open, he is a rookie though and Rodgers trusts rookies about as much as Mike Zimmer. If you want to know what's killing GB and Rodgers, look no further than the offensive line.

I have gone on record many times, and I will again.  With regard to anything Green Bay Packer related....

I
DONT
CARE

...and wont ever

Quote: @"Vanguard83" said:
I have gone on record many times, and I will again.  With regard to anything Green Bay Packer related....

I
DONT
CARE

...and wont ever
what about them losing?

Quote: @"kmillard" said:
@"greediron" said:
I think Romeo Doubs has looked good running routes and getting open, he is a rookie though and Rodgers trusts rookies about as much as Mike Zimmer. If you want to know what's killing GB and Rodgers, look no further than the offensive line.
HOLD on, you are saying the O-line is the weakness?

Kidding aside, yes that is part of it.  Not having WRs that know how to get open when he scrambles, not trusting them to find the right spot, not having a stud WR to draw the attention and likely the play calling is struggling to find a rhythm with all those issues as well.