Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings open to trading Mattison
Quote: @"BigAl99" said:
Sony Michel was just released so the market isn't getting better for a trade.
Sony Michel is garbage. Just another in the long line of Belichick Busts. 

Looks like the Ravens are signing Kenyan Drake. 

Quote: @"comet52" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"comet52" said:
Well the comp pick would slot at the end of the 4th so even a 4th from some team is a higher pick.   A team would have to want a backup rb bad to give up a 3rd, doesn't seem likely.   
If a team is going to trade for Mattison at all, it would be for him to at least compete for the starting job. And there are several teams out there who need an upgrade at starting RB.
Sure, but from a negotiating standpoint the other team would approach it as trading for a guy who is a backup, not a starter.   If Kwesi can get someone to give up a 3rd I'd say that his best work so far as g.m., but I don't see it happening.
Right, agreed. A 3rd probably isn't happening. And you don't trade draft picks for backup running backs, no matter what they might say in negotiations. 

I think this is about Mattison wanting to be a RB1 in a contract year, seeing the writing on the wall (Chandler) and the Vikings trying to do him a solid, but also trying to get something for a back who won't be on the team in a year. 

I can see it being a conditional pick, between the 3rd and 5th round, based on certain factors.