Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Surprised, Kinda Disappointed
I would have booed.  All I've heard him do is bad talk the Vikes about being disrespected etc. since he left.  He got paid mega millions over the past couple years and didn't do shit.  I'm so glad he got shut down last night. 

Thanks for letting me rant, I'm over him now. 

I was a big Peterson fan, and I totally would have booed him.

You can't expect people to be happy with him playing in our stadium and not wearing our jersey.  Especially after the last few years.  Time heals all wounds though, when it comes time for him to be in the ring of honor it will be a different story.

Not surprised at all.  The smack talk from AD, him going to the team that bounty gated us, etc.  I'm sure there are also plenty of people who wanted to get a bit of past frustration out of their system, regarding his attitude, behavior and choices.  I'm sure many joined in because they are sheep, who had a few too many $10 beers.  In a few short years, those same people will applaud his admittance into the HOF, fondly remembering the player he was for us.

I don't think it was anywhere near the booing that Favre got when he showed back up in GB.  At least I didn't it on TV   

Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
Seriously, is anyone surprised? Yes, he had a great career here - and he was cheered WILDLY during that career. But maybe last night was the first chance fans had to respond to things Peterson did off the field: his departure in the past year and off-field issues and many distractions since 2014. No, I don't want to re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-debate those, but obviously there are some fans displeased by aspects of his past behavior.

IMO  fans booed for an opposing team's player who nearly gained a first down - and was gifted the down on the next no-gain play (were fans actually booing that call?) I'm glad there were fans there to cheer for the Vikings - not for their personal favorite player from the past.
No they were certainly booing Peterson. I wasn't one of them but at same time Peterson after 2014 season making himself into being a victim pissed me off. And he made himself into a victim again when Vikes refused to pay him 18 million for this season. The Vikings treated him well. the fans treated him well. 

Also that 2nd run was either no gain or a slight loss. They announced it being 3rd and 1 in the stadium and everyone got loud and it helped cause the fslse start on that first down though.

Peterson has done a lot to erode away good will from fans over the years, so him being booed isn't too surprising. As time goes on, we'll remember him more as a great player than as a flawed person, but things are too fresh. We haven't had time to process Peterson being gone, he kept playing the victim card, which fell flat, and there was no way people were going to cheer for him when his first game in another uniform is him playing for the Saints against the Vikings. He'll eventually be welcomed back as a Vikings great, but it will take a little time first.

Quote: @"Tyr" said:
Peterson has done a lot to erode away good will from fans over the years, so him being booed isn't too surprising. As time goes on, we'll remember him more as a great player than as a flawed person, but things are too fresh. We haven't had time to process Peterson being gone, he kept playing the victim card, which fell flat, and there was no way people were going to cheer for him when his first game in another uniform is him playing for the Saints against the Vikings. He'll eventually be welcomed back as a Vikings great, but it will take a little time first.
Exactly.  Time will remember his greatness which we all enjoyed.  But for now, I was glad to see him struggle playing for the enemy.

I would have drank my beer and acted as if nothing was different.

I would have booed because he did not fumble.  Wish he would have given us the same courtesy when he wore purple. :p