Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Surprised, Kinda Disappointed
AP got boo'ed last night...It might have been right after his 9 yard run? But whenever it was, it was literally the 1st time the crowd had a chance to give him a warm welcome or a frosty one. 

Fans brought out the fangs lol! 

Fans are stupid. And fickle. The warm embraces after the game between AP and his former teammates showed that the feeling was not shared by them. I'm assuming you were at the game? For what it's worth, you couldn't hear any booing on tv. 

Scoggins: Peterson gets chilly reception from Vikings fans, defense
Adrian Peterson rushed for 18 harmless yards on six carries. Asked afterward to evaluate his performance, Peterson's measured words spoke volumes.

http://www.startribune.com/vikings-fans-...443868303/

Its pretty normal. He's not a Viking anymore so many fans have moved on. He certainly was a great Viking's player. Hall of Famer. But his relative inactivity last night for the Saints spoke volumes as to where he is now in today's NFL: a one dimensional, 32 year old RB. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Fans are stupid. And fickle. The warm embraces after the game between AP and his former teammates showed that the feeling was not shared by them. I'm assuming you were at the game? For what it's worth, you couldn't hear any booing on tv. 
they came through pretty clearly a few times on my broadcast.

as far as fans booing him... these are the same fans that were screaming obscenities and verbalizing death threats about Walsh after a missed field goal in horrible cold.   I know Minnesota likes to think their fans are top shelf,  but very little surprises me at our games.

I wouldnt have cheered him running out for a different team,  but I wouldnt have booed him either.

I wouldn't have cheered or booed either. However, to some degree you have to point a finger at AD himself. After all, he decided to announce he was going to "stick it" to the Vikings. Perhaps some fans didn't appreciate that...

There's nothing written in the rules of NFL fandom stating fans have to be loyal to former players.

Seriously, is anyone surprised? Yes, he had a great career here - and he was cheered WILDLY during that career. But maybe last night was the first chance fans had to respond to things Peterson did off the field: his departure in the past year and off-field issues and many distractions since 2014. No, I don't want to re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-debate those, but obviously there are some fans displeased by aspects of his past behavior.

IMO  fans booed for an opposing team's player who nearly gained a first down - and was gifted the down on the next no-gain play (were fans actually booing that call?) I'm glad there were fans there to cheer for the Vikings - not for their personal favorite player from the past.

I had a couple drinks last night with a guy that thought he would be overwhelmingly cheered,  I said no way in hell.  he was just to polarizing to come back wearing another teams jersey (especially the hated saints) and have the fan base welcome him back like a former champion.  he will have his cheers in Minny some day if he wants them, but not yesterday and not likely while he is still playing unless he happens to play there once again in a final season or something like that.

It was a bit surprising but all the love and positive energy was for Randy Moss. It was his Ring of Honor night and it was a pretty spectacular one. 

I didn't think he got booed all that badly at least not at first. Sure they eventually came but I thought it was about the standard for a returning player. Hell he didn't get the chuck knoblach treatment.