Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roe v Wade struck down by SCOTUS
Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
I am circling back to the misogyny in various churches for a minute. I remember my mom telling me about the nuns beating her for her accent. Thankfully she never lost it because it is a part of who she is. She just told me about how they didn't want the girls to read the Bible in the church because they didn't want them to know what was inside it, they wanted blind followers. She has read it voraciously since leaving. I remember being told not to ask questions at church. I recently spoke with a Baptist girl going through a forced pregnancy and she mentioned that her church told her that she wasn't supposed to know things about the Bible unless the church allowed it. There are no restrictions on the Bible for boys or men from these shared experiences. I am going to watch that documentary about the Hillsong scandal. It is interesting to hear young people talk about how their churches are problematic. 
If someone is attending a church that treats its females as some second class citizen then the people need to leave that church. Neither my family or I would put up with that. 

That doesnt however, mean that all churches teach that or think that way. I mean theres churches that hold snakes as well. That doesn’t mean its normal. 
I am not saying all churches are like that, I am saying not all churches are good. There are good churches, my mom found one later. I am saying there is a lot of misogyny associated with church in multiple denominations. There is a lot of generational trauma due to the perversion and distortion of religion. There are a lot of false prophets our there passing on misogyny. It is important to call out the inequality. There are also cultural differences in some Christian denominations that allow the misogyny to continue. I am just saying this happens and it is significant. Catholic, Baptist, Methodist, Pentecostal, Evangelical and many others have this as a foundation of their structure. 
I’m a Lutheran. We actually attend a Methodist church for unrelated reasons. My kids attend nondenominational Christian school. 

We wouldn’t put up with any church or school for that matter treating women any differently. 
I was raised Lutheran and now attend an evangelical non- denominational church.  Women have always played a pivotal role in the five churches I have attended in my lifetime and always been highly respected.  Would change churches if anything less.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/154...4iszvuJvnw&s=19

EDIT, I see my comments didnt post:  This is kind of what I see happening in a lot of people lately,  that vast majority of the middle of the political spectrum are fed up with how far things have gone,  its not just abortion,  its just about everything that the far left has gotten involved with and there is no more trust and really only anger and frustration building towards anything the liberal left want to try and accomplish these days.  I used to have hope for common middle ground on many of the hot issues,  but the insistance of the left to push everything to an extreme is likely killing not only the hopes for middle ground, but possibly the democrat party for the immediate future... but rest assured my lefty brothers and sisters,  the Republicans are chomping at the bit to piss away these gifts of voters and will assuredly quickly counter with their own fucked up logic and return balance to the swamp,  likely in time for the 24 elections.
I'm really glad you posted this, because I saw it at the time and forgot the source.

She's as close to a "correct" as I've found in this mess.  As I've said before, I find the whole topic dark as hell, because it's about trying to deny body autonomy vs medical murder, it's different definitions of freedom and/or victimization, and every time I see the generalizations by the extremists on the "sides", I want to throw up.

For those saying there should be no timeline short of birth to make the decision...I say, welcome to reality.  Everything in finite lives has some type of deadline, some schedule in which a decision is mandatory, in which action cannot be denied any longer.  The video covers that pretty well.

There is room for compromise on this issue, but the asshats all around kept pushing...and that's a microcosm of everything wrong in the issues facing the country right now.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Lunkhead.

https://twitter.com/HeartlandSignal/stat...3114991617
Yikes man.  "the rape card", wow, just wow.

It's our economic system that tells women they need to have careers.  Does he support universal pre-k or maternity leave to help women?  NOPE

How about just shutting the fuck up

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Lunkhead.

https://twitter.com/HeartlandSignal/stat...3114991617
That is fucking grotesque.