Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
68% completion, 31 TDs and 9 INTs average per year
Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"minny65" said:
This debate on Kirk will soon reveal itself.  If Group 1 (stick with Cousins and he could win a SB) or Group 2 (get the most for him to rebuild) will be answered by the interest level from the QB market.  If a team is as enamored by Kirk's stats as some on here, they will show their hand and pursue heavily.  If a team is not enamored by his stats, we will see a very light market.

I am hoping for a team that absolutely "Loves" Kirk and gives us a nice deal because I think we are way more than a couple of players away and advocate a quick rebuild.  
what about the third group.... the one that says Kirk is adequate, but not without some real improvements to the OL an D, that he needs to help cover on a roster that is depleted and team that is cap strapped.. and I dont mean by kicking that cap hit down the road and is why we are where we are right now.  I want off this merry go round.  give him an offer that works for the team and if he doesnt sign then let the bidding ( and rebuild) begin.
You are in Group 2.  I think Kirk is an above average QB and in the 10 Range of Top QB's especially when you go by stats.  That is stat based not actual watching games of his 4 years here and around 4 years (?? not looking up lazy) in Washington.  He lacks in some quality attributes that makes me think he is not the answer, for any team, to win a SB.  Maybe if you did a Rams/Stafford but even then, I would give the edge to Stafford who barley won with a loaded roster and excellent coaching on all sides of the ball.  

I am just hoping some team is enamored by Kirk and his stats (not wins of course) to give us a nice deal.  Like I said we are about to find out what the NFL thinks of Cousins in the coming days. If even 1 team gets involved in serious talks with us for Kirk that would be revealing and if no one does, then that is revealing as well for us Viking fans.  

Lastly, I don't think as being the self-elected (Putin style) founder of Group 2 that if we can get a very good deal for Cousins that we are in tanking mode at all.  I think Group 1 who I define (Putin again) as mostly wanting to stretch out the Hope of Kirk to 3 more years as clearly in Tanking mode with the tank of a decent size hole/leak - about the size of a quarter (back)...I am kidding on that.  Goodness I really hope that is not the case now that I said it out loud.  I prefer a rip of the band aide as opposed to a few hairs at a time which is more painful Smile