Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Senior Bowl Weigh In/Practice Notes
Simply put, Johnson checks so many boxes. He complements an exciting physical skill set in terms of size, length, power, and athleticism with technical refinement, football intelligence, and relentless effort.
After making a statement at the Senior Bowl, the next test for Johnson comes at the NFL Scouting Combine where he can continue his climb up the board by validating the athleticism he displays on the field. 
From Week 1 of the 2021 season where he collected 2.5 tackles for loss and 1.5 sacks against Notre Dame in his Florida State debut, to how he dominated all season long and most recently, wrecking offensive linemen at the Senior Bowl, Johnson has been one of the biggest risers in the class. Now it’s just a matter of how high he can climb.

Might be the best DE class I can recall

Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:
Simply put, Johnson checks so many boxes. He complements an exciting physical skill set in terms of size, length, power, and athleticism with technical refinement, football intelligence, and relentless effort.
After making a statement at the Senior Bowl, the next test for Johnson comes at the NFL Scouting Combine where he can continue his climb up the board by validating the athleticism he displays on the field. 
From Week 1 of the 2021 season where he collected 2.5 tackles for loss and 1.5 sacks against Notre Dame in his Florida State debut, to how he dominated all season long and most recently, wrecking offensive linemen at the Senior Bowl, Johnson has been one of the biggest risers in the class. Now it’s just a matter of how high he can climb.

Might be the best DE class I can recall

I agree completely. I've been on the Jermaine Johnson band wagon for a while now. Just not sure the Vikings have that need anymore between Wonnum, Willikes, Patrick Jones, and potentially Robinson opposite Hunter. It will be very interesting to see how Kwesi handles his first draft 

[Image: xWNzE09k_bigger.jpg]
And your
@seniorbowl awards go to…

American
Top QB: Malik Willis
Top RB: Brian Robinson

National:
Top QB: Kenny Pickett
Top RB: Abram Smith

[Image: G9LsDcXL_bigger.jpg]
One positive for the Steelers is I think the LBs had a very good week here.

Darrian Beavers, Damone Clark, Troy Anderson, Chad Muma, Brian Asamoah, Channing Tindall all had their real moments this week.

It was a very strong LB group in Mobile this year. Plenty of guys to like.