Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RUMOR: Kellen Moore 'intrigued' with the opportunity to coach the Vikings
The past decade has skewed play towards scoring not D.  Denny Green track meet mentality would bring home the lombardi today
If Kellen Moore wants a vertical mindset with a team Like the Vikings we'll need more pass blocking geared olinemen and let JJ get vertical with Thielen under and Irv Smith and Cook underneath.  Bringing in Conklin to change it up.

Quote: @Akvike said:
The past decade has skewed play towards scoring not D.  Denny Green track meet mentality would bring home the lombardi today
If Kellen Moore wants a vertical mindset with a team Like the Vikings we'll need more pass blocking geared olinemen and let JJ get vertical with Thielen under and Irv Smith and Cook underneath.  Bringing in Conklin to change it up.
In addition to everything you said, if ISM can put together the offseason that KJ Osborne did this past season then we’ll really be cooking with gas.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
My question is does Moore have a position coach that he could bring with him as his OC?somebody that could run his O in his absence or at least would allow him to take breaks from play calling to spend time with his DCs to make adjustments on the fly instead of implementing everything at half time.
Mike Holmgren called his own plays. Bill Walsh. Andy Reid. Sean Peyton. Sean McVay. Kyle Shanahan.....just to name a few. I don't mind my head coach calling the offensive plays. It can be successful. The key isn't whether they call plays, don't call plays, come from a defensive or offensive background.

They just need to be good coaches with good staffs that have talented players. 
they need an assistant that can take their duties at times when they are needing to focus on being the HC and not the play caller.  I am not saying they need a full time play caller,  but I dont want another part time HC and full time coordinator all in one.  IMO that was one of Zimmers down falls was when the team was on D,  thats where his focus was, and when the D came off the field was not the time for him to be in the OCs ear about things he sees.  A HC can have a side gig,  but their focus should be on game management and making sure all 3 facets of the game get his attention when needed,  not when its convenient.  There are times I have seen Bienemy call plays for Reid,  not often,  but I am pretty sure Ive seen him doing it while Reid is working with other things.

Zimmer didn’t hold a meeting with his starting QB for years. It’s not going to take much to make me happy lol! I really like Moore. His offense is innovative and tricky as hell. I’d love to see how his style would impact Cousins. I would think they’d be a very good match considering Cousins downfield skill set. 
I could care less about his age. These guys have been around football their entire lives. They have the experience to run the show from that standpoint. The question is are they mature? (Josh McDaniel was not) Do they have the emotional intelligence to build a truly cohesive unit with open dialogue and the ability to work with the players (as opposed to being a Zimmer er dictator)?