Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You have a 200 yard rusher. And almost lose
Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:
Again, let me make sure I'm tracking this right.

Offense, with Cousins having an awful night, puts up THIRTY-SIX POINTS, and Cousins is to blame because we almost lose?
That one is good, but I'm also a big fan of watching the "wins over stats" crowd point out Cousins' stats in the 2nd half. 

Quote: @"bigbone62" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:

Offense, with Cousins having an awful night, puts up THIRTY-SIX POINTS, and Cousins is to blame because we almost lose?

[Image: 86dxah9s6v00.jpeg]

Hokay.

Only fan base in the NFL who could come to this conclusion.
The mental gymnastics some of these fans do is impressive. Cousins plays an outstanding game, defense shits the bed and the team loses. The W-L record nerds are quick to assign that loss to Cousins. 

Because after all he runs the offense and it's about scoring the most points. Meanwhile he runs the offense putting up 36 points in a win. And it suddenly doesn't count as a W towards the W-L record. Because, well I guess he wasn't running the offense.
I can't speak for others, but I gave Cousins his due earlier this season.  However, the last couple games he hasn't been sharp at all and has missed a number of throws.  He made a couple throws in the first half, but was generally inaccurate and Dalvin was ripping chunk gains to put us up 23-0 in the first half.  Then we had two short fields (given to us by the defense) and we got two FGs...  then the picks happened and gave Pit some life.  It was the same thing against SF...  and our offense scored 6 pts in 3 quarters against the Lions until the defense got a few turnovers.

Just saying, our defense isn't great this season, but apparently we can't point out when Kirk isn't playing well here.  Just blame Zimmer and the defense...  Got it.

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
@"bigbone62" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:

[Image: 86dxah9s6v00.jpeg]

Hokay.

Only fan base in the NFL who could come to this conclusion.
The mental gymnastics some of these fans do is impressive. Cousins plays an outstanding game, defense shits the bed and the team loses. The W-L record nerds are quick to assign that loss to Cousins. 

Because after all he runs the offense and it's about scoring the most points. Meanwhile he runs the offense putting up 36 points in a win. And it suddenly doesn't count as a W towards the W-L record. Because, well I guess he wasn't running the offense.
I can't speak for others, but I gave Cousins his due earlier this season.  However, the last couple games he hasn't been sharp at all and has missed a number of throws.  He made a couple throws in the first half, but was generally inaccurate and Dalvin was ripping chunk gains to put us up 23-0 in the first half.  Then we had two short fields (given to us by the defense) and we got two FGs...  then the picks happened and gave Pit some life.  It was the same thing against SF...  and our offense scored 6 pts in 3 quarters against the Lions until the defense got a few turnovers.

Just saying, our defense isn't great this season, but apparently we can't point out when Kirk isn't playing well here.  Just blame Zimmer and the defense...  Got it.
Yea, I think the slow moving process of "acceptance" is going to go from Zimmer this year to Cousin's next.

Some recognized that Zimmer should have been let go a few years ago and I think it is now a consensus.

I would love to unload Cousins, somehow someway, before we have to pay the $40+ next year.

There is going to be a lot of Top QB movement next season - Rodgers, Watson, Wilson ++

Cousins dilemma after Zimmer:

Crucial and still unknown is IF we are changing GM's along with HC?  If so, I think a new GM will do his best to trade Cousins.  I think Spelly will stay with him since he is the one that brought him in and paid the contract.  

My preference:

Keep Spelly ( I know controversial)
New HC
Trade Cousins/New QB

But if the Wilf's want to start fresh I would not be surprised, or disappointed, if we have all 3 new - GM, HC, QB