Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atfer the interception, perfect time to put foot on throat
Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Kubiak is proving to be awful - whether thats awfully inexperienced, awful at in-game adjustments or both. 

Zimm hired him so the buck stops there.

This WCO they run is just so predictable and un-productive. The philosophy of passing to set-up Cook is just lost on this team. 

I find this all really a bummer, cause I like Mike. 
This is exactly how I feel too.

Back to Original post.    You meant the other teams throat, correct?

Quote: @Vikeking2 said:
passed 2 of 3 plays didnt they? i think.  didnt work out but it wasnt conservative

still a td woulve been awesome at that moment. 
And Cousins missed the two throws to Thielen and Jefferson near the LTG. It wasn't conservative; Cousins missed. But let's not let facts get in the way of the "too conservative" narrative people continue to parrot. 

Quote: @JoDakota said:
@Vikeking2 said:
passed 2 of 3 plays didnt they? i think.  didnt work out but it wasnt conservative

still a td woulve been awesome at that moment. 
1st and goal, and not one pass into the end zone? That is conservative.
It was never first and goal after the pick. We got the ball on the 16. Cook run, incomplete pass to Thielen, incomplete pass to Jefferson. 

Most teams on quick change turnovers in the red zone take a shot on 1st down. We go vanilla and run it. the pass plays were too conservative. They need to be passes that go to the end zone. Look at successful offenses that put people away, they put people away and make them pay for their mistake. Not us. 

I'll disagree with anyone who says this offense doesn't go conservative and predictable. 

The first drives this year are what this offense can do, if they let it. but either Zimmers conservative defensive minded manner make the OC go conservative or Kubiak is in over his head. Both need to go now.

Definitely can make the argument that it was where we lost the game.  Up 14-3 with 1:40 to go, at the very least take up the rest of the half and keep them from having any time to score.  Instead we throw two short incomplete passes and only use up 16 seconds and then let them score 7 in under a minute.  If we at least just hold onto the ball there and pick up one first down, we win the game.