@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
@"Riphawkins" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
@"1VikesFan" said:
Don't think Smith was vaccinated 
I think you're right - what a selfish dumb ass like a certain GB QB.
I keep reading comments by some around here how players are selfish and/or dumb for not getting vaccinated.

Why do you want them vaccinated? So maybe you can enjoy a victory or watch them play a game. Aren’t you being the selfish one? I mean it is their life, they can live it how they want to. Should they only get vaccinated for you or the other fans?

I’m vaccinated, but I honestly don’t care who gets it or doesn’t. It’s not my call, it’s up to the individual.
If vaxxed, he can play as soon as he tests positive.  If not, he’s out for at least two games.  Plus, he’s less likely to get others sick, if vaxxed.  We all have proven safe protection available, and if we’d all use it, COVID is no longer an issue.
Might want to check the science on that last part.  The vaccines on the market now will do nothing to stop covid,  they will only lessen the effects, and not necessarily for future strains,  hence the 3rd shot now required for temporary full vaccinated status.
If we’d all be vaxxed, no one would be afraid of getting COVID.  Much like catching a bad could or mild flu.
Not true,  vaccinated are getting sick and some dying,  the virus is still mutating in them,  others vaccination status does not affect this so you would still have the status quo.  Smiths or others vaccination status does not affect the future severity of the disease for you or others that are "fully vaccinated "  at least until the time comes that they may have a vax that will indeed wipe out the virus.
Jimmy, are you saying there's no value in getting vaxxed?  If so, I suggest you quit being a dumb shit.  The world wants to wipe this virus out and getting the vaccine is major step forward, and it's safe.  Most people aren't getting anywhere as sick if vaxxed and you know it.  The ICU and regular hospital beds with COVID patients are mostly filled with anti vaxxers.  Yes, some vaccinated people are dying still, but nobody said it's 100% effective.  I'm not going to argue with anyone about this, and there's no way you're going to change my mind that being vaccinated isn't the responsible, safe thing to do.
Have a good day, and I hope you're up to date with the shots.

No,  there is value,   but its not in what you are saying.   The vaccine is for you to not has as severe symptoms,  and your families piece of mind that they are less likely to bury you..

The vaccine is not decreasing the mutations of the virus and it will continue to be a concern going forward.   However many say it will weaken as most viruses do become less severe but more contagious with each evolution of itself.  Again though,   this will happen regardless of the planets vaccination status.

So if you want to think I'm a dumb ass go right ahead, it doesn't change the facts,   but leave that shit off this board.

That portion of your statement is inaccurate. Simply by reducing the number of infected and the length of time that individuals are infected will reduce the ability of the virus to mutate.  Mutations happen at a relatively predictable rate within viruses.  A reduction in hosts is how you reduce mutation.  Furthermore, the mutations that happened with Covid-2 that were noteworthy all happened prior to any mass vaccination. 

There is a decreasing immune response from the vaccines as we get further out from vaccination time.  What seems to be of interest is the rapid drop in caseload after delta did its damage this fall.  MAYBE JUST MAYBE, we're entering the end of this?  Both SARS and MERS (Corona Virus) ran their course.  There's no reason to firmly believe that Covid-2 couldn't end up that way. 

Quote: @"Riphawkins" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
@"1VikesFan" said:
Don't think Smith was vaccinated 
I think you're right - what a selfish dumb ass like a certain GB QB.
I keep reading comments by some around here how players are selfish and/or dumb for not getting vaccinated.

Why do you want them vaccinated? So maybe you can enjoy a victory or watch them play a game. Aren’t you being the selfish one? I mean it is their life, they can live it how they want to. Should they only get vaccinated for you or the other fans?

I’m vaccinated, but I honestly don’t care who gets it or doesn’t. It’s not my call, it’s up to the individual.
Freedom of choice doesn't exist anymore.  It is bizarre indeed.