Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where's the deep ball?
Quote: @medaille said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
Poor Kubiak...he probably knows this needs to happen but knows he will be in the dog house if he tries anything cool with the offense.
Why are you poor Kubiaking this as if Zimmer is holding him
back or something?

We ran this same offense last year and were near the top in
explosive pass plays and Zimmer was all for the explosive pass plays.  Our offense was predicated on sucking the
defense up close with the running game and then throwing deep.  If anything we’re watching Klint’s growing
pains, rather than Zimmer holding Klint back.
I do think we got overly conservative the Lions game, and that could be pegged on Zimmer either for dictating that or not correcting Klint if he's being too conservative.
I'm saying poor Kubiak because I'll bet Zimmer has made it very clear to him and the offense that he wants to control the clock. He wants to run the ball and rely on the defense. I read something yesterday that said the Vikes ran 6 running plays when it was 2nd and 8 or worse and only gained 4 yards in those plays (Not exact but recalling from memory). I think there is a lot of pressure from Zimmer on Kubiak and Kubiak is just trying to make his coach happy because he's so green in his role and is afraid to push back.

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@medaille said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
Poor Kubiak...he probably knows this needs to happen but knows he will be in the dog house if he tries anything cool with the offense.
back or something?

explosive pass plays and Zimmer was all for the explosive pass plays.  Our offense was predicated on sucking the
defense up close with the running game and then throwing deep.  If anything we’re watching Klint’s growing
I do think we got overly conservative the Lions game, and that could be pegged on Zimmer either for dictating that or not correcting Klint if he's being too conservative.
I'm saying poor Kubiak because I'll bet Zimmer has made it very clear to him and the offense that he wants to control the clock. He wants to run the ball and rely on the defense. I read something yesterday that said the Vikes ran 6 running plays when it was 2nd and 8 or worse and only gained 4 yards in those plays (Not exact but recalling from memory). I think there is a lot of pressure from Zimmer on Kubiak and Kubiak is just trying to make his coach happy because he's so green in his role and is afraid to push back.
We saw what happened the last time an OC went rogue on zimmers game plan.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@medaille said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
back or something?

We saw what happened the last time an OC went rogue on zimmers game plan.
Oh yeah. It's wild because I'm going down the rabbit hole of past OC's, what they did, and where they went. It almost has me thinking John DeFilippo was a good OC