Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
From Phil Mackey
Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Vikergirl said:
Zimmer said he is not concerned with the run defense. How is that possible?
You're not going to find a better running team than the one we just faced. They have the NFL's best line and the NFL's best one-two punch at back. It would've been shocking if the Vikings HAD stopped them. 

"Not worried" is probably a little flip, because if the Vikings want to do what they do on defense, their DL has to handle the run and they struggled a little with Chris Carson, too--at least at first. Carson is an average back with a terrible offensive line. 

They'll do quite a bit better against Detroit. I only hope that CMC is still down for the following week, so we can get back to .500. 
Ok great they do better against Detroit, so what? It's not like they are a team with a winning record. Cleveland has great running backs, defense and OL but the Vikings offense shit the bed after the first drive and the defense could have done better. They are not in the same atmosphere as teams with winning records. 
Cleveland was basically trying to give us the game on Sunday and we had no interest in taking it. I feel bad for saying this but I wouldnt be mad about losing to the Lions as maybe that would mean Zimmer is gone. At least is we lose Zimmer then we will really know what we have in Kubiak as there is a lot of discussion as to whether his playcalling is somewhat handcuffed.

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@Vikergirl said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Vikergirl said:
You're not going to find a better running team than the one we just faced. They have the NFL's best line and the NFL's best one-two punch at back. It would've been shocking if the Vikings HAD stopped them. 

"Not worried" is probably a little flip, because if the Vikings want to do what they do on defense, their DL has to handle the run and they struggled a little with Chris Carson, too--at least at first. Carson is an average back with a terrible offensive line. 

They'll do quite a bit better against Detroit. I only hope that CMC is still down for the following week, so we can get back to .500. 
Ok great they do better against Detroit, so what? It's not like they are a team with a winning record. Cleveland has great running backs, defense and OL but the Vikings offense shit the bed after the first drive and the defense could have done better. They are not in the same atmosphere as teams with winning records. 
Cleveland was basically trying to give us the game on Sunday and we had no interest in taking it. I feel bad for saying this but I wouldnt be mad about losing to the Lions as maybe that would mean Zimmer is gone. At least is we lose Zimmer then we will really know what we have in Kubiak as there is a lot of discussion as to whether his playcalling is somewhat handcuffed.
I know they were but then there was 3 and out and more 3 and outs. It was ridiculous. There was a lot of booing and people left US Bank stadium with 2 minutes or so left. I don't want him fired during the season because there is the risk of the dead coach bounce. But change is needed.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@Vikergirl said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Vikergirl said:

I know they were but then there was 3 and out and more 3 and outs. It was ridiculous. There was a lot of booing and people left US Bank stadium with 2 minutes or so left. I don't want him fired during the season because there is the risk of the dead coach bounce. But change is needed.
Yeah I know where you are coming from but I think the benefit in doing it mid season is to see how good our assistants actually are. Does Kubiak open things up more? What do Patterson and little Zimmer do? Maybe one shines more than the other and that determines the type of coach we bring in. I dont know, I'm extremely frustrated as a fan and I dont see it getting better this year so let's rip the bandaid off

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@Vikergirl said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@Vikergirl said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Vikergirl said:

Yeah I know where you are coming from but I think the benefit in doing it mid season is to see how good our assistants actually are. Does Kubiak open things up more? What do Patterson and little Zimmer do? Maybe one shines more than the other and that determines the type of coach we bring in. I dont know, I'm extremely frustrated as a fan and I dont see it getting better this year so let's rip the bandaid off
That's a good point too. I really want to see more from Patterson. I was kind of irked at the nepotism and the co-coordinator idea. It would be interesting to see Kubiak with more freedom since he is learning on the job. 

At some point, despite any optimism, the team is what the record says you are. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
At some point, despite any optimism, the team is what the record says you are. 
Yabbut I think you've been watching football long enough to know that is rarely true, especially this early in the season. If that were true, then two years ago, the 49ers and Packers, both 13-3, would've played to an exact tie in the NFCC, right? In reality, the Packers were blown out because they were the worst 13-3 team in NFL history. And if you put money on the Packers because they were 13-3, because the record tells the whole story, you deserve what you got. 

There are two facts about the Vikings: One, they are 1-3. And two, they are better than their record...Does it matter? Not if the playoffs started tomorrow. 

If the packers were 1-3 in the same fashion,  would we be talking about them as a threat ?

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
If the packers were 1-3 in the same fashion,  would we be talking about them as a threat ?
Of course. We'd be foolish if we didn't. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Right... I always hear Vikings fans make excuses for the packers failures.  Bullshit,   they are mocked and celebrated. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Right... I always hear Vikings fans make excuses for the packers failures.  Bullshit,   they are mocked and celebrated. 
Silly Viking fans.