Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
From Phil Mackey
[Image: FPIq_Z-N_x96.jpg]
Mike Zimmer is now 17-41 (29%) in his head coaching career against teams that finish with winning records (if we believe the Cardinals and Browns will finish the season above .500).

5-21 (19%) in the Kirk Cousins era.

The best coaches are all 50% or better (h/t

Yep, that is pretty bad, but Seattle will finish with a winning record so at least add that one in.

I like Mike, but it's feeling kinda like ground hog day with him. 

We'll see how the rest of the season plays out - but as a fan? I am ready for new, fresh, vibrant and change. 

Mackey is a moron, but Zimmer has always struggled with game plan. More often than not, he's able to adjust to what an offense is doing, but in this one, he seemed content to let his front four or five manage the run. That's the whole idea behind the new defense, but the truth is they're just not cutting it. He should've probably realized that, sold out to stop it, and forced Mayfield to beat them. 

I was really surprised at the # of plays Baker left on the field. I thought he was a better passer than that. 

Cousins couldn't beat good teams before he came here, so how was that going to change when he came here? This guy is barking up the wrong tree.  

Zimmer said he is not concerned with the run defense. How is that possible?

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
You're not going to find a better running team than the one we just faced. They have the NFL's best line and the NFL's best one-two punch at back. It would've been shocking if the Vikings HAD stopped them. 

"Not worried" is probably a little flip, because if the Vikings want to do what they do on defense, their DL has to handle the run and they struggled a little with Chris Carson, too--at least at first. Carson is an average back with a terrible offensive line. 

They'll do quite a bit better against Detroit. I only hope that CMC is still down for the following week, so we can get back to .500. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Vikergirl said:
You're not going to find a better running team than the one we just faced. They have the NFL's best line and the NFL's best one-two punch at back. It would've been shocking if the Vikings HAD stopped them. 

"Not worried" is probably a little flip, because if the Vikings want to do what they do on defense, their DL has to handle the run and they struggled a little with Chris Carson, too--at least at first. Carson is an average back with a terrible offensive line. 

They'll do quite a bit better against Detroit. I only hope that CMC is still down for the following week, so we can get back to .500. 
Ok great they do better against Detroit, so what? It's not like they are a team with a winning record. Cleveland has great running backs, defense and OL but the Vikings offense shit the bed after the first drive and the defense could have done better. They are not in the same atmosphere as teams with winning records. 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Vikergirl said:

Ok great they do better against Detroit, so what? It's not like they are a team with a winning record. Cleveland has great running backs, defense and OL but the Vikings offense shit the bed after the first drive and the defense could have done better. They are not in the same atmosphere as teams with winning records. 
They certainly weren't against Cleveland.

But what few seem to understand is that teams in week 10 or 12 are very often totally different teams than the ones we watch in week 3 or 4. Instead, good or bad, fans think we are exactly who we were in the last game we played. Bud said it best: "doesn't matter who you play but when you play them." That's what he meant by that. 

Vikings need to get to .500, and with any luck, the team we're supposed to be shows up somewhere along the line. It better, because the schedule doesn't get any easier.