Seattle Latest Stadium To Require Vaccine Proof
Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"muydnbejydk" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:

"......the public shaming isnt doing anything to put more needles in arms."
    Probably the most important sentence in the entire thread. 4/5 of the posters here are guilty of it. Labeling anyone who is against mandates as anti - vax is divisive as well. Humans generally respond better by being convinced than by being ordered.
I don't disagree. I think positive reinforcement is the best route. Don’t yell or threaten them when they do something wrong. And be sure to reward with praise when they do something right. Tell them you’re proud of them. Consider giving them a treat. 
'Good boy! You are a GOOD boy! Yes you are! That's my good boy! Who's all vaccinated now?? Huh, did you get vaccinated?? Such a good boy!! Who wants a treat?? You want treaters?? Who wants a beer?? Good boy want a Coors Lite??'

I can see that working. Jimmy is right. 
Yep,  because the opposite has been so effective. Nobody has said anything about positive reinforcement just that acting like yall have has done nothing to move the needle.

If you think otherwise then maybe its not the smarts of those avoiding the shot who should have their intelligence questioned. 
Would photos of refrigerated trucks being used as temporary morgues help? Children on ventilators? 

PAins me to say we wont be going to Vikings vs Seattle home opener...None of us in my season tix party feel that is a smart decision. Too many chuckle-heads out there. 

NFW I will be in line waiting to get in, sitting for hours on top of other people, yelling, screaming, cursing,  pissing in the same bathroom, for a damn near fully day of Delta exposure. 

Going to get my football fix over the tv for now. 

I hope we feel better about it as this calendar year progresses. The home schedule is fabulous - imo the best since USB opened. 

Signed,
Very Sad (and frustrated) Fan

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"muydnbejydk" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:

Probably the most important sentence in the entire thread. 4/5 of the posters here are guilty of it. Labeling anyone who is against mandates as anti - vax is divisive as well. Humans generally respond better by being convinced than by being ordered.
I don't disagree. I think positive reinforcement is the best route. Don’t yell or threaten them when they do something wrong. And be sure to reward with praise when they do something right. Tell them you’re proud of them. Consider giving them a treat. 
'Good boy! You are a GOOD boy! Yes you are! That's my good boy! Who's all vaccinated now?? Huh, did you get vaccinated?? Such a good boy!! Who wants a treat?? You want treaters?? Who wants a beer?? Good boy want a Coors Lite??'

Yep,  because the opposite has been so effective. Nobody has said anything about positive reinforcement just that acting like yall have has done nothing to move the needle.

If you think otherwise then maybe its not the smarts of those avoiding the shot who should have their intelligence questioned. 
Would photos of refrigerated trucks being used as temporary morgues help? Children on ventilators? 

PAins me to say we wont be going to Vikings vs Seattle home opener...None of us in my season tix party feel that is a smart decision. Too many chuckle-heads out there. 

NFW I will be in line waiting to get in, sitting for hours on top of other people, yelling, screaming, cursing,  pissing in the same bathroom, for a damn near fully day of Delta exposure. 

I hope we feel better about it as this calendar year progresses. The home schedule is fabulous - imo the best since USB opened. 

Signed,

We've top fifty yard line seats for the Carolina game. Near the top of the stadium. I'm still not sure if we are going to go. When we got the tickets, things were looking to be trending in the right direction. Now? Fucking Chuckle-Heads fucking it up for the rest of us. 

Didn't have to be this way. Beyond frustrated.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"muydnbejydk" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:

Signed,

We've top fifty yard line seats for the Carolina game. Near the top of the stadium. I'm still not sure if we are going to go. When we got the tickets, things were looking to be trending in the right direction. Now? Fucking Chuckle-Heads fucking it up for the rest of us. 

Didn't have to be this way. Beyond frustrated.
Just see how the season progresses, thats our path forward anyways.

Hell, I've been going to Viking home games since Warren Moon was flinging passes for the Vikies. Going to Vikings games are one of my real joys and a chance to be with people I luv hanging out with. 

Vaccines are great, but Delta changed the calculus for us (me). 

People are dying because of Covid. But not JUST of covid. People are dying because they cannot get a hospital bed because it is taken with someone who has covid of which it is 90+% those who are unvaccinated.

Please stop being stupid. The people being stupid are dying and I don’t want you or someone you know to die. And I don’t want you or someone you know to contribute to someone dying because of your stupidity. 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
10% of the teachers at our school are Covid positive. 
Both my kids got exposed today.One teacher caught covid, got Pfizer, and has it again.  She is early 40s.  Her sister is dying of it.  We have NO hospital beds anywhere in our region.  Zero, zilch nada.  Her sister got sent how with a bottle of O2 and a bunch of other stuff and basically told good luck.

I have great empathy for kids, parents and teachers today. It's a really difficult situation we unfortunately find ourselves in. 

Turns out I was exposed Tuesday as well.  Yeah for me!!!
Fully masked KN95 though so here's hoping!!!
I hope (abd think) you are going to be alright. Take care bud.

Quote: @"BigAl99" said:
@"medaille" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@"Kentis" said:
^^^ Now your sourcing a former 6th grade science teacher’s twitter account who graduated from an Israeli university w/ 1-10 employees, convincingly awesome…  B) Is Pee Wee Herman next…?  Wink Wikipedia…!?  B) 
This would be a lot funnier if these mental giants weren't taking up every ICU bed across the country. 

I am SOOOO over the selfish fuckers.  You don't want to get the shots.  Fine but don't go to the hospital you selfish fuckers.  Stick to your guns.  You don't want to trust medical professionals pleading with you to get vaccinated, then don't crawl to them to fix you when you get sick. 
Are you ready to take that stand against everybody that bucks the odds or does stupid shit and gets hurt or sick?  Tobacco users that get cancer or other,  obese that get diabetes,   careless sluts that get pregnant?  I am not saying which way I support,  ( Barr likely has a pretty good idea )  but the door has to swing both ways.  That position can't be simply about covid,   if we are going to withhold medical care for those that put themselves into a situation,  then we can't overlook other obvious lapses of judgement or we will cease to be a civilization. 
The bulk of my family in MN is not vaccinated.  I'm essentially just waiting to hear of them getting sick/dying and at this point I'll grieve but it was preventable.  They cast their lot.
Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

How many people do you think are dying from Covid?  The odds are massively in favor of them not dying.

About 2140, today.
Yesterday it was said that every 2 days we have the equivalent of 9/11 deaths resulting from covid. How the fuck are we not united against THIS terror?

Quote: @"Mike Olson" said:
@"BigAl99" said:
@"medaille" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@"Kentis" said:
^^^ Now your sourcing a former 6th grade science teacher’s twitter account who graduated from an Israeli university w/ 1-10 employees, convincingly awesome…  B) Is Pee Wee Herman next…?  Wink Wikipedia…!?  B) 
This would be a lot funnier if these mental giants weren't taking up every ICU bed across the country. 

I am SOOOO over the selfish fuckers.  You don't want to get the shots.  Fine but don't go to the hospital you selfish fuckers.  Stick to your guns.  You don't want to trust medical professionals pleading with you to get vaccinated, then don't crawl to them to fix you when you get sick. 
Are you ready to take that stand against everybody that bucks the odds or does stupid shit and gets hurt or sick?  Tobacco users that get cancer or other,  obese that get diabetes,   careless sluts that get pregnant?  I am not saying which way I support,  ( Barr likely has a pretty good idea )  but the door has to swing both ways.  That position can't be simply about covid,   if we are going to withhold medical care for those that put themselves into a situation,  then we can't overlook other obvious lapses of judgement or we will cease to be a civilization. 
The bulk of my family in MN is not vaccinated.  I'm essentially just waiting to hear of them getting sick/dying and at this point I'll grieve but it was preventable.  They cast their lot.
Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

How many people do you think are dying from Covid?  The odds are massively in favor of them not dying.

About 2140, today.
Yesterday it was said that every 2 days we have the equivalent of 9/11 deaths resulting from covid. How the fuck are we not united against THIS terror?
Both sides politicized it. It was an election year they couldn't help themselves. It cost lives and is still costing lives.

Next time anybody goes 10 mph over the speed limit and gets in a car wreck, I hope the docs say fuck em. Ain't nobody got time for dat...