Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Semi-Apology to the Board
Quote: @"El_Padre" said:
Everybody that post here is an adult as far as I know.  So if anybody lets words on a screen from a stranger they will most likely never meet get to them, then its time to take some time away from said screen.  I mean this from both sides of the argument. Way too many virtual feelings getting hurt anymore. Don't like someones opinion? Ignore it. Someone doesn't agree with what you said?  Ignore it. 

Grown ass people calling people each other names on a football forum?  I can't jive with that, so ya know what I do?  Ignore it and move the "F" on. 
Completely agree, Padre.  Well said.

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
@"El_Padre" said:
Everybody that post here is an adult as far as I know.  So if anybody lets words on a screen from a stranger they will most likely never meet get to them, then its time to take some time away from said screen.  I mean this from both sides of the argument. Way too many virtual feelings getting hurt anymore. Don't like someones opinion? Ignore it. Someone doesn't agree with what you said?  Ignore it. 

Grown ass people calling people each other names on a football forum?  I can't jive with that, so ya know what I do?  Ignore it and move the "F" on. 
while true,  we have seen over and over what happens when people are allowed to say what ever is on their mind in any way they choose.  its proven that some cant and wont walk away and what happens is truly good people are the ones that walk away and you are left with a dumpster fire that just has to get closed down.  I think we have all seen than and as such are better served by just shutting down those that have proven to take things to far to often... not to mention those that purposefully pick at other posters to elicit a negative response,  what good are they really serving the board if all they are trying to do is to stir the proverbial stink pot?

just walking away is a great approach,  I try and do it often myself,  but I dont think we have to look very far to find boards that have imploded due to a lack of management.  

The title to this thread is very LOL worthy

Quote: @"Hawkvike25" said:
It’s pretty easy to figure out.  Those that were railing on calling everyone dumb fucks who didn’t agree with their point of view were excluded from the apology.  To those that had to read through the admitted foolishness, I apologized to.  

Quote: @"Waterboy" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
It’s pretty easy to figure out.  Those that were railing on calling everyone dumb fucks who didn’t agree with their point of view were excluded from the apology.  To those that had to read through the admitted foolishness, I apologized to.  
Lol, pretty sure you were the only one using the term “dumb fucks”. 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"Waterboy" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
Lol, pretty sure you were the only one using the term “dumb fucks”. 
while that may be true,  there has been plenty of disparaging comments from the pro covid vax crowd towards anybody who may disagree with them,  both in general and specifically.  no need for it from either side of the debate and is why these types of threads typically arent allowed to stay on this board.

My bad , it was “Kirk Fucking Moron Cousins”, “Dumbasses are going to dumbass”, “Right Wing Kooks”,  “Idiots”, “Stupid Shits”, etc. comments that I was talking about.  I”ll admit when I’m wrong.  

So..... when's the shot scheduled?   B)

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Wetlander" said:
@"El_Padre" said:

while true,  we have seen over and over what happens when people are allowed to say what ever is on their mind in any way they choose.  its proven that some cant and wont walk away and what happens is truly good people are the ones that walk away and you are left with a dumpster fire that just has to get closed down.  I think we have all seen than and as such are better served by just shutting down those that have proven to take things to far to often... not to mention those that purposefully pick at other posters to elicit a negative response,  what good are they really serving the board if all they are trying to do is to stir the proverbial stink pot?

just walking away is a great approach,  I try and do it often myself,  but I dont think we have to look very far to find boards that have imploded due to a lack of management.  
The thing that gets me about this is we're all adults...  not sure why people get so hot and bothered.  If you do or you're just having a bad day, step away from your phone or computer.

But I do agree, the people whose posting style is continually like most people's bad days really shouldn't be here.

Some have a choice to make moving forward.  You know who you are.  You can either be a part of this little online community or not.