• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
June 1: It's payday
Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
Have to extend DH, especially if they believe he's ok physically. Im good with a Harry re-deux if it helps the $ situation overall. 

I still think they could use a corner and I'm not convinced they have 3t (for pass rushing purposes) manned well.

I can see inside pass-rusher being a real priority next draft. 
when out DT situation is working,  as it should be with Pierce and Tomlinson,  we have gotten good/great results with kicking a DE inside in pass rush situations so I think we are likely OK there,   DB would be a good use of funds though IMO.

I'd like to see Barr get about 12 sacks too  B)
so would he,  so would we all since that is what we have been waiting for since he was drafted.... since hes only on 15 for his 7 year career I think I would be tickled with 5 which would be a new career high.
I just want him to stay healthy. With him entering free agency after this season I would hope he has a career year since he's chasing that bag. If he's healthy then I think 5 sacks is realistic.
I dont think it is,  he has played behind as good or better DLines in his career and was only able to put up 4 once,  I dont think him chasing dollar bills will motivate him to suddenly get better at fighting off blocks to finish his blitzes.   IMO his pass rush abilities are grossly over rated so I would be shocked to see him get 5.  basically it seems to me that if he doesnt get a free run to where he can use his speed to get to the QB,  he doesnt get home.
I think a lot has to do with how much pressure they can get up front and how well the back end can cover. Obviously those two things are related. But Zimmer won't use his patented pressure defense as much if he has to play more cover two and a less aggressive defense. More blitzing should lead to more sack opportunities for Barr, but I would be surprised to see more than 5 also.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
Have to extend DH, especially if they believe he's ok physically. Im good with a Harry re-deux if it helps the $ situation overall. 

I still think they could use a corner and I'm not convinced they have 3t (for pass rushing purposes) manned well.

I can see inside pass-rusher being a real priority next draft. 
when out DT situation is working,  as it should be with Pierce and Tomlinson,  we have gotten good/great results with kicking a DE inside in pass rush situations so I think we are likely OK there,   DB would be a good use of funds though IMO.

I'd like to see Barr get about 12 sacks too  B)

Barr would need ever sack to look like this to get to 12 this season: