Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mock 3 of 4.. You Know What That Means
Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"dadevike" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Off topic, but teams are very worried about Phillips. It only take 1 but I've heard of 5+ teams who have not been able to get a good feel for his background medically. Its a combination of him not being able to be in Indy independent evaluations and his camp has only shared what they feel is "important to decision making". Its possible he falls out of the 1st round. 
I believe the Vikings are typically pretty conservative when it comes to medical evaluations. The only example I can think of is Jonathan Vilma, but that was before this front office.
I still think of Dimitrius Underwood.  But that was many moons ago.  ... There is some talk (and not by Phillips' reps) that Phillips' medical issues are overblown.  

Is it possible Phillip's just forgot about his medical issues?
I see what you did there. Good one. 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"dadevike" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Off topic, but teams are very worried about Phillips. It only take 1 but I've heard of 5+ teams who have not been able to get a good feel for his background medically. Its a combination of him not being able to be in Indy independent evaluations and his camp has only shared what they feel is "important to decision making". Its possible he falls out of the 1st round. 
I believe the Vikings are typically pretty conservative when it comes to medical evaluations. The only example I can think of is Jonathan Vilma, but that was before this front office.
I still think of Dimitrius Underwood.  But that was many moons ago.  ... There is some talk (and not by Phillips' reps) that Phillips' medical issues are overblown.  

One of the little birdies circling his head should have told him.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"dadevike" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

[Image: jk9uzu4bzmne.gif]

I don't think the Vikings can afford to take that risk.

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"dadevike" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

Do you mean the risk that one of the little birdies maybe didn't tell him?

Quote: @"PurplePastor" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"dadevike" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

Do you mean the risk that one of the little birdies maybe didn't tell him?
There is that but the risk of picking him.

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
I know people say not to take OL early but the OL issues have been ongoing and that needs to change.
Exactly my thoughts. I am so sick of OL holding the offensive potential back on this team. Two possible day one starters is just what the doctor ordered.

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"TBro" said:
I like AVT at 14 but I'm seeing less and less mocks giving us an Offensive lineman at 14. 
They keep pushing Phillips who I want nothing to do with. His talent is off the charts, but
I think his health is too big of a risk to gamble that early of a pick on. I'm also concerned
that we won't have any trade down partners since all of the QB's will likely be gone. Am I
making too big of a deal out of Phillips injury history and Concussion concerns? Help talk
me off the ledge as I fear this is who we will end up taking. 
It's unknowable. The only thing I can say for "almost" certain is that the Vikings would not take Phillips if they didn't dig deep into his issues and felt OK with it. Doesn't mean he's not still a risk, but we are talking about a guy who would probably be a top 5 pick without the concussion concerns. Imagine Joey Bosa opposite Hunter. 

That work? 
All it takes is one... Phillips made the Vikings final board per source. 

@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"TBro" said:
I like AVT at 14 but I'm seeing less and less mocks giving us an Offensive lineman at 14. 
They keep pushing Phillips who I want nothing to do with. His talent is off the charts, but
I think his health is too big of a risk to gamble that early of a pick on. I'm also concerned
that we won't have any trade down partners since all of the QB's will likely be gone. Am I
making too big of a deal out of Phillips injury history and Concussion concerns? Help talk
It's unknowable. The only thing I can say for "almost" certain is that the Vikings would not take Phillips if they didn't dig deep into his issues and felt OK with it. Doesn't mean he's not still a risk, but we are talking about a guy who would probably be a top 5 pick without the concussion concerns. Imagine Joey Bosa opposite Hunter. 

That work? 
Where's the " I'm uneasy about this but maybe it will turn out ok but who am I kidding " emoji?

@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"TBro" said:

That work? 
That's pretty big news. If he's on their board, he would have to be pretty high. Or Rick is. Unless the medical risk is baked into his ranking I guess. 

Kudos for using baked and high in the same post, Cheech.

Smile