Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Orleans game
most points given up since Les Steckel era. Let that sink in...

UGH...^^^^^^

Quote: @"Kentis" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Well that was a better game than I thought it would be. Harrison hand might be a player. And the Lynch UDFA flashed a bit. But how crazy is it that you're so banged up that a rookie UDFA is starting at linebacker for you? In fact, I would say that among the starting front seven today, only Eric Wilson has any chance of being a starter next year. 

Vikings just need to just get out of this horrible year as quickly as possible, get their stars healthy, bring in another good draft class and see what happens. 

One more game, and if we lose that I think we can move into the top 10 in the draft. 

Unfortunately, I don’t know if the team can afford to keep Wilson either...  Confused
In terms of money? Vikings should have plenty to not only sign Wilson but probably another one or two middle tier free agents.

Vikings are projected to be $4M over the estimated $175 new cap number. Shamar Stephen will not be back. That's $4M right there. Rudy will not be back, that's another $5M. And to those, you can add $30M in contracts by the likes of Barr, Harry, and Reiff that will either be restructured or dropped altogether.

Harry is the interesting one. You hate to lose him, but he makes $10.2M with 0 dead. You get 100% of that money back. So there's plenty of wiggle room. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"Kentis" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Well that was a better game than I thought it would be. Harrison hand might be a player. And the Lynch UDFA flashed a bit. But how crazy is it that you're so banged up that a rookie UDFA is starting at linebacker for you? In fact, I would say that among the starting front seven today, only Eric Wilson has any chance of being a starter next year. 

Vikings just need to just get out of this horrible year as quickly as possible, get their stars healthy, bring in another good draft class and see what happens. 

One more game, and if we lose that I think we can move into the top 10 in the draft. 

Unfortunately, I don’t know if the team can afford to keep Wilson either...  Confused
In terms of money? Vikings should have plenty to not only sign Wilson but probably another one or two middle tier free agents.

Vikings are projected to be $4M over the estimated $175 new cap number. Shamar Stephen will not be back. That's $4M right there. Rudy will not be back, that's another $5M. And to those, you can add $30M in contracts by the likes of Barr, Harry, and Reiff that will either be restructured or dropped altogether.

Harry is the interesting one. You hate to lose him, but he makes $10.2M with 0 dead. You get 100% of that money back. So there's plenty of wiggle room. 
Smith is also going to be 32 years old in 2 months. At the very least, they'll ask to restructure him downward. Could be gone.

Quote: @"kmillard" said:
most points given up since Les Steckel era. Let that sink in...
That was my biggest fear going into this one...Especially after watching Saints/Chiefs last week. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"Kentis" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

Can’t see Zim jettisoning Barr, we shall see, doubt they pay 3 LB’s highly though...