Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So how do we trade up?
I wouldn't trade up either with picks. But I would with a player. I know that a known commodity is more valuable than a pick, hence the reason trading a player would net more to allow you to move up higher. But I only do that for my fav guy, not my 2nd/3rd option.

I think I could be happy with staying at pick 12-15 and taking Zach Wilson instead of trading anything to move up for Fields/Lance. I don't see a way to get to the #1 pick for Lawrence with us likely winning 4-5 games

Quote: @Rugbyvike said:
I wouldn't trade up either with picks. But I would with a player. I know that a known commodity is more valuable than a pick, hence the reason trading a player would net more to allow you to move up higher. But I only do that for my fav guy, not my 2nd/3rd option.

I think I could be happy with staying at pick 12-15 and taking Zach Wilson instead of trading anything to move up for Fields/Lance. I don't see a way to get to the #1 pick for Lawrence with us likely winning 4-5 games
I would love Zach Wilson 

They will be looking at Trask, Mond and Wilson. 

Zach Wilson put on a show in the second half of last nights game against Boise State. 21 of 27 for 359 yards and 2 TD in a blow out win against a ranked team.

You can pick apart his off platform throws and his arm motion... but he has a super quick release with a ton of zip and power on his throws.

Could Wilson and/or Kyle Trask cause Trey Lance to fall?

I'm rooting for Wilson and Trask to continue to play well and climb up draft boards.

I've been a fan of Wilson since his Freshman year. Only minor quibble I have with his game - he doesn't come off his primary quickly enough at times. That is correctable. I also really like Trask - very polished for the amount of snaps he has had. Haven't seen that much of Lance. The bit I've seen, there seem to be some accuracy issues at times, but again I'll leave that to others that have seen him much more than I to critique. I find Mond an interesting prospect after watching him for four years. He can be lights out for stretches and then make a horrendous decision/throw. That part of his game has improved quite a bit this year. Don't know that he will ever be a solid NFL starter but could become a quality backup. Mac Jones has also made huge strides this year. Very accurate with the deep ball and stands in against pressure and delivers the ball as well as anyone. Extremely interesting QB class - there will be hits and misses but a case can be made for several.