Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings should be in rebuild mode come trade deadline
Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
Vikings will continue to swirl until they get the QB right...
Every team is in swirl mode without a QB, that's been my point about getting one of the top 3 QBs. 
That was my point before they brought Cousins in,  hes a decent QB and from all accounts a great person,   but he isn't a QB type that you build your team around and expect him to carry it.  He's got the tools,  but i don't think he has the right mental make up...plenty of smarts,  maybe to much at times.   

...and I think the team found that out to some extent. But look at the HC for San Fran, Shanahan: HUGE Cousins supporter. I know he believes in Cousins and his ability to take a team all the way. But carry a team? Nope, not IMO. But honestly, there aren't many of those. But the Vikings took a big swing and I applaud them for it. Now its time to retool and rebuild. If the Viking's brass likes either Fields or Lance in a big way, they need to do what it takes to get one. They haven't picked in the top 6 in a LONG time and that's what looks like is going to happen so now is the time. 

Minnesota needs to get on board with the modern NFL QB. 
I applaud them too...They whiffed on Teddy and Bradford too, but I applaud them for those moves as well. I dont have the same opinion on Ponder. 

Time for Zimsu to go after this year - my speak for modernizing the team. 

Quote: @"Skodin" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
@"Skodin" said:
Players not available:
Any draft pick from 19, 20 
Kendricks, O'Neill, Cook, Adam, Fedi, Pierce

Players that deserve better teams in 20:
Rudy, Harrison, Harris, Reiff

Players that I don't want to move but have neck injuries and want new contracts:
Hunter

Players that shouldn't ever wear purple again:
Cousins, Barr

IF we can add a couple of picks (2nd, 3rds, 4ths) you have to spend wisely on a new HC to rebuild this team.  A coach I would love to see with a young squad mixed in with some studs?

Harbaugh
No way in hell Harbaugh leaves Baltimore but I do like your thinking. Up until this year I thought Lincoln Riley would be nice but I really dont know if he wants to be in the NFL. Maybe Bienemy would want to come here?

Not that Harbaugh.  Harbaugh whose audible back in 92 became a pick 6 to Todd Scott
Young guys, top NFL experience, still high profile.  He built a damn powerhouse SF team
Harbaugh hasnt won a meaningful game since SF and is constantly outcoached by every good college coach. Hard pass