Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easton or Boone?
Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
@"twgerber" said:
Has Boone ever played RT?    
He played OT in college and his first couple years with the 49ers. Not sure if LT or RT - I don't see him nimble enough for the blindside. His height seems better for OT than G.
He played LT with SF.  Not sure on college.   It's a lot to assume he can just flip to the RT position

Quote: @"twgerber" said:
@"Jor-El" said:
@"twgerber" said:
Has Boone ever played RT?    
He played OT in college and his first couple years with the 49ers. Not sure if LT or RT - I don't see him nimble enough for the blindside. His height seems better for OT than G.
He played LT with SF.  Not sure on college.   It's a lot to assume he can just flip to the RT position
He was an LT in college.

From the mother of all sources, wikipedia
Quote:In his second season, Boone started the first nine games at left tackle,
In his third-year as a starter at the left tackle position,

I'm not sure Berger at 35 should be anointed a starter lock at RG.  If you want to build some chemistry I think the best way to approach it is Boone, Easton(experience in the NFL), Elflien(played best at RG in College).  Berger can come off the bench at any of the three spots and likely not miss a beat.  Then next year you are only filling 1 G spot ideally if Boone is gone and Berger likely retired.  Otherwise next year the interior is potentially totally reworked again-not ideal IMO.  It allows Hill, Isadora, and IMO Beavers to get a little seasoning hopefully if everyone stays healthy.

If Berger is being outplayed replace him. If he is still better right now at RG keep him as the starter.  Simple.

I think Berger isn't the problem, he's solid in there at RG. This will be his last year, probably retire, but he'll be the starter this season.