Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RUMOR: Vikings like WR Brandon Aiyuk
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@TBro said:
If they really like him, I don't think they will be able to move too far down and still get him. Even an early 2nd may not be high enough with the recent steam that is building around him. He definitely plays with more game speed and explosiveness than Mims despite running a slower forty time. My concerns with him is how will he fair against NFL quality corners who will be a lot more physical and won't let him get off the line without an aggressive press. They don't play defense in the PAC 12 which really makes his strengths standout. No doubt he can run after the catch like Reagor which we definitely need in this offense. 
didnt we have a receiver a few years ago that everybody was wicked high on his abilities but he never learned to get off the line and consequently just faded away?
You mean the one that they kept around for 2 years longer then they should have because the cap hit was too big?

Quote: @TBro said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@TBro said:
If they really like him, I don't think they will be able to move too far down and still get him. Even an early 2nd may not be high enough with the recent steam that is building around him. He definitely plays with more game speed and explosiveness than Mims despite running a slower forty time. My concerns with him is how will he fair against NFL quality corners who will be a lot more physical and won't let him get off the line without an aggressive press. They don't play defense in the PAC 12 which really makes his strengths standout. No doubt he can run after the catch like Reagor which we definitely need in this offense. 
didnt we have a receiver a few years ago that everybody was wicked high on his abilities but he never learned to get off the line and consequently just faded away?
You mean the one that they kept around for 2 years longer then they should have because the cap hit was too big?
Clever,  no I mean a later round guy that the fans loved.