Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RUMOR: Vikings like WR Brandon Aiyuk
Think he's got some of the best upside of any WR in the draft. Possible pick at #25 or a move up target near top/high mid of Round 2. Explosive guy. The kind of player that GMs/Coaches like a lot more than the media 'experts'. Things to work on that they teach well in the pros.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/brand...ZsLQCCVH6K

He can just hit a gear and...WHOOSH...

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Think he's got some of the best upside of any WR in the draft. Possible pick at #25 or a move up target near top/high mid of Round 2. Explosive guy. The kind of player that GMs/Coaches like a lot more than the media 'experts'. Things to work on that they teach well in the pros.

I think they'll have Aiyuk, Reagor, and Hamler all ranked similarly. I like Aiyuk and his ability deep a lot. I just keep asking why he couldn't do much on the field in 2018. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@StickyBun said:

I think they'll have Aiyuk, Reagor, and Hamler all ranked similarly. I like Aiyuk and his ability deep a lot. I just keep asking why he couldn't do much on the field in 2018. 
Wasn't he a JUCO transfer at that point? Also, I think that team still had N'Keal Harry who was their prominent receiving threat.

I think Aiyuk will be a better NFL player than Henry Ruggs. His feet remind me of Diggs. Great after the catch, should be a great fit in the WCO. Also like what he would offer in the return game. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
I think Aiyuk will be a better NFL player than Henry Ruggs. His feet remind me of Diggs. Great after the catch, should be a great fit in the WCO. Also like what he would offer in the return game. 
 I saw acceleration like Harvin...like, let me rewind that six times to make sure it wasn't a glitch in the video acceleration...

If they really like him, I don't think they will be able to move too far down and still get him. Even an early 2nd may not be high enough with the recent steam that is building around him. He definitely plays with more game speed and explosiveness than Mims despite running a slower forty time. My concerns with him is how will he fair against NFL quality corners who will be a lot more physical and won't let him get off the line without an aggressive press. They don't play defense in the PAC 12 which really makes his strengths standout. No doubt he can run after the catch like Reagor which we definitely need in this offense. 

Quote: @TBro said:
If they really like him, I don't think they will be able to move too far down and still get him. Even an early 2nd may not be high enough with the recent steam that is building around him. He definitely plays with more game speed and explosiveness than Mims despite running a slower forty time. My concerns with him is how will he fair against NFL quality corners who will be a lot more physical and won't let him get off the line without an aggressive press. They don't play defense in the PAC 12 which really makes his strengths standout. No doubt he can run after the catch like Reagor which we definitely need in this offense. 
didnt we have a receiver a few years ago that everybody was wicked high on his abilities but he never learned to get off the line and consequently just faded away?

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@StickyBun said:

Who was the QB for Aiyuk in 2018?

Both he and Reagor did not have a lot of help from the QB that is for sure.

I would take Reagor over Aiyuk personally.  But not by a lot.

I like Mims much more then Aiyuk and Reagor.  I would love to get J. Johnson (Utah- CB) and Mims.  Ideally, we could move down into the early 30's for one of them and pick up another Top 55 pick and still get both.  But at the end of round 1,  and no buyers to move down, I would not be disappointed with those 2.