Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We need to draft a mobile QB
Quote: @savannahskol said:
@Bullazin said:
with pocket awareness and see if the accuracy develops.  It adds such a dimension to a modern offense. 

Cousins is a good QB, but the best qb’s in todays game have that extra dimension
Cousins was not the problem today.  We were TORCHED on the OL/DL.  

Your wish (Lamar Jackson) went down hard tonite.  Why?  The Titans have OT's Lewan & Conklin and very solid elsewhere on OL.  

Would I take Tua?  Absotively posolutely.   He can spin the rock, ultimate pocket awareness and accurate. 

But we won't have a chance to draft Tua.    But we do have a chance to draft OL/DL/WR. 
I get it, and there was no indictment of Cousins or hard on for LJ.  I’m just trying to figure out someway to get us over the top. When is the last time we had a dominant Oline?  Along long time ago in my recollection.   When was the last time we were in cap purgatory and fixed multiple line positions the same year? 

If you hit on a Russell Wilson or LJ type you have a dimension that does not require dominance

we need a new god damned coach!

Look you cannot run this conservative bullshit and expect to play with the teams in the playoffs. It is true the offensive line needs updating too but I have had it with this coach. We got damned lucky to win in NO last week. It was another fluke win in spite of our coach once again. And not just zimmer either.... The playcalling last week at times had me wondering if stefanski was drunk. The first time down to the goal line where we came away with a field goal? Ok I get it there was a problem with a visor for cook but damn man we should have been able to punch that in. And then other times they just force the same god damned running play again and again and again even though we are losing yards on it. 

My theory is that the wr’s being pissed off early in the year was less them being pissed at cousins and more about being pissed at the offensive side of the ball being limited to ball control bullshit. 

I just don’t think we can go anywhere with zimmer at HC. He is too inflexible with his offense and his defense in reality hasn’t been very much to write home about since the second half of the saints game in 2017.

Time to part ways with him.

yeah.  LJ lit it up tonight.  
let one man run for first downs all season.  

if thats our model, then we are F’ked.  
we need road graders / mouth breathing criminals on the O line.  

Quote: @Ralphie said:
If we don't improve the interior line on both sides of the ball we can draft Peyton Manning's clone and we'll suck.

It begins and ends with the line.
Agreed. That game we just watched was won by a faster, younger, better line on both sides of the ball.

Quote: @kmillard said:
@Ralphie said:
If we don't improve the interior line on both sides of the ball we can draft Peyton Manning's clone and we'll suck.

It begins and ends with the line.
Agreed. That game we just watched was won by a faster, younger, better line on both sides of the ball.
Add "hungrier",  they wanted it and they went and took it from our guys.

Honestly we had very few out there that played with the same intensity as the niners did.  Maybe the lack of rest,  maybe a lot of things,  but it was very evident from early on that the niners were playing with more fire in their bellys.

Wasnt that supposed to be a zim strong suit,  having players that would run through walls for him?  I am not seeing it,  they can talk about the love but their play says otherwise.

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
we need a new god damned coach!

Look you cannot run this conservative bullshit and expect to play with the teams in the playoffs. It is true the offensive line needs updating too but I have had it with this coach. We got damned lucky to win in NO last week. It was another fluke win in spite of our coach once again. And not just zimmer either.... The playcalling last week at times had me wondering if stefanski was drunk. The first time down to the goal line where we came away with a field goal? Ok I get it there was a problem with a visor for cook but damn man we should have been able to punch that in. And then other times they just force the same god damned running play again and again and again even though we are losing yards on it. 

My theory is that the wr’s being pissed off early in the year was less them being pissed at cousins and more about being pissed at the offensive side of the ball being limited to ball control bullshit. 

I just don’t think we can go anywhere with zimmer at HC. He is too inflexible with his offense and his defense in reality hasn’t been very much to write home about since the second half of the saints game in 2017.

Time to part ways with him.
I agree 100% Mike and I don't really see Zimmer changing. He has had 6 seasons to try and do it.

If the right QB is there in round 3 or 4 that needs time to develop but has serious upside, the Vikings need to draft him. He can sit all next season.....and in theory, longer if they extend Cousins. 

Quote: @Caactorvike said:
This is not on Cousins.  OL simply could not pass pro. DL could not stop the run.  Both lines sucked plain and simple.  That’s what we should be looking at in the draft. We can’t give away the store for one player—even a QB.  We have too many needs on both sides of the line of scrimmage.  And we can’t look in FA because we are capped out.  
Okay maybe not on Kirk the person. MAYBE

I would think his 31 million cap hit for 2020 is on someone.

How can a QB making that much need a top 5 O line, top 5 WR's, top 5 RB and top 5 D?
 I'm feed up with the Kirk Cousins excuses

Quote: @holmanjp said:
@Caactorvike said:
This is not on Cousins.  OL simply could not pass pro. DL could not stop the run.  Both lines sucked plain and simple.  That’s what we should be looking at in the draft. We can’t give away the store for one player—even a QB.  We have too many needs on both sides of the line of scrimmage.  And we can’t look in FA because we are capped out.  
Okay maybe not on Kirk the person. MAYBE

I would think his 31 million cap hit for 2020 is on someone.

How can a QB making that much need a top 5 O line, top 5 WR's, top 5 RB and top 5 D?
 I'm feed up with the Kirk Cousins excuses

Interesting we all have different takes. And some fans will just never support KC regardless of what he does.

I'd argue he's the primary reason we had the moderate success we did this year. 

It wasn't the D - although they weren't overall terrible. OK , db's suddenly became horse shit

Wasn't the OL - 

Dalvin certainly helped...

KC didnt lose that game yesterday, it was lost in the trenches. Same reason we lost to GB at home too. 

I'm a Kirk Cousins fan: he converted me. We can win with this guy. The team can get to where they want to go with Cousins. He's an excellent and accurate passer, there is still a ton of value in that in today's NFL. He never gets injured. You get him an upgraded offensive line and lets just see what happens. 

But this is the year to Draft a guy for down the road. Doesn't need to be the first two rounds. Take a low level swing, see what you got, and do the same thing next year if need be.