Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boone Injury Opens a Door?
If everyone stays healthy, our offensive line SHOULD be better. Significantly better in the run game. And marginally better in pass pro. I don't think anyone would disagree with that. But so much of it depends on health.

With that in mind, I like our depth a little more this year. Hill looks like a better backup swing tackle than Clemmings was. Isadora and Sirles look like better backup guards than Beavers was. And whoever loses the center competition should be better depth than what we had last year. So a minor injury here or there shouldn't hurt us too much. But NO team can endure the injury madness that we went through last year. Let's hope that doesn't happen again. 

Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"twgerber" said:
Seattle has a very very bad oline.

didnt Denver make 2  the superbowl and win it with a shit oline a couple years back?
Isn't it a lot more relevant to note that Minnesota went 3-8 over the end of 2016 and virtually everyone has claimed the lousy/injured OL was the biggest reason?? We can't say, "We would have made the playoffs last year if only our OL was better" AND say, "We can make the playoffs this year even if our OL is not better"...
not in response to the comment that it was directed at.  

and no,  as bad as our D played at times last year I dont know that we would have done much better as it was the D that was failing at critical times and often early in games when they were fresh.  hardly an OL only issue.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"twgerber" said:

didnt Denver make 2  the superbowl and win it with a shit oline a couple years back?
But they had strong QB play to make up for it.

New England the season before Cassel got the Keys, their Oline gave up the least amount of sacks and it was a  really small number.  Then the Bone Crusher took out Brady and their Oline gave up near the most in the league.

If we get strong QB play, and make defenses pay with a passing attack the Oline could benefit, but we have to get some balls down the field early in the season.

Quote: @"Bolstad79" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"twgerber" said:

But they had strong QB play to make up for it.

New England the season before Cassel got the Keys, their Oline gave up the least amount of sacks and it was a  really small number.  Then the Bone Crusher took out Brady and their Oline gave up near the most in the league.

If we get strong QB play, and make defenses pay with a passing attack the Oline could benefit, but we have to get some balls down the field early in the season.
I agree,  i dont really want to see what Cook can do for the passing game,  we know what he can do.  I want to see us show teams that we are going to pass over their LBs and move the defense off the LOS and make teams pay.